Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 01:05
urnemanden
Hi all Re-Volt fans!

I just opened my site up, with a .com domain and 10GB Space for all the Re-Volt stuff i have. The site got several things, such as 3D Models, Tracks (Unreleased & Released), Images and alot of more stuff, just waiting for you to download it, if you are interrested. :D

I will update this site at least once or two times the week, and i really hope i spended money on the right thing. I am going to add a guestbook, a stylechanger & some more stuff to the sections, in the following weeks, and i really hope that you will enjoy the stay! ;)

Please review my site, and tell me if anything can be done better, if u like or dont like it, or if you have any suggestions. will help me in the future updating the site. :)

Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 17:31
Filipe Monteiro
And I was the 1st to see it! Hahahaha!!

Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 22:39
Crone94
Filipe Monteiro @ Sep 19 2008, 01:01 PM wrote: And I was the 1st to see it! Hahahaha!!
Dream on ;)

Great site urne

I still think it could use a tool section, which made it more attractive

Posted: 19 Sep 2008, 23:18
Filipe Monteiro
Saw it yesterday before this post. Ha!

Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 02:41
Crone94
Filipe Monteiro @ Sep 19 2008, 06:48 PM wrote: Saw it yesterday before this post. Ha!
Saw it 14 days ago in its first states :P In fact i've took the track pictures, so yea i have seen it some time before

Btw Urne there's a few smiley images under the track descriptions that doesnt show :)

Posted: 20 Sep 2008, 17:01
jaseaka
well, this must be some majestic site. their fighting over who seen it first lol

Posted: 24 Sep 2008, 22:08
urnemanden
Fighting over the first visit, but they didn't want to take the time and review my site *end-of-moan*

Posted: 15 May 2010, 15:47
urnemanden
Urnemanden.com has been updated!

Since March I've been working on a larger update for urnemanden.com. My website now features Converted WolfR4 & HQ tracks as well as a Help Section that constantly will get updated, whenever someone submits a new problem. :)

Feedback is very welcome. Also, if you find any broken links or other defects contact me through e-mail or reply to this topic. Thanks to KayTheFalcon for the PHP Scripts & Coothead for helping with the layout!

Posted: 15 May 2010, 16:45
miromiro
I like it!

May I ask why don't you finish the unreleased tracks? Would be cool.
I thought that in the MAKEITGOOD menu were more Track Making info, not only about the Ghost AI Nodes.

I think also that commenting the tracks looks like a RVZT 2 but whatever. I think that in the MAKEITGOOD section you should make sections for all edit modes. Like this:
  • Lights
  • Objects
  • Instances
  • AI Nodes
  • POS Nodes
  • Track Zones
  • Farce Fields
  • Triggers
  • Visiboxes
  • Camera Nodes
You click on them and sends you to the page, like on RVA.
By the way... would be nice if you'd add all website on the community list.
Good luck and good job with your website, I really like it ;)

Posted: 15 May 2010, 18:51
jigebren
That's nice, Urne.
I'm glad to see your support for WolfR4 and 512 patch, especially with the 'Converted WolfR4 & HQ tracks' section. You have already done some good converting job.
May I suggest that you use the two links below when reffering to these tools:
http://jigebren.free.fr/jeux/pc/revolt/ ... tml#WolfR4
http://jigebren.free.fr/jeux/pc/revolt/ ... #Patch_512
They'll point directly to the proper section on my website (I'll try not to modify them).

The Help section on your site is also another interesting point, and could be worth seeing for a lot of re-volt users.
There is some layout issue for me (with Firefox 3.5). For example on this page, the title "Time Trial Error After Finishing Race" is diplayed at the top right.
Also this link is broken.

Posted: 15 May 2010, 19:33
urnemanden
- Jigebren
Thank you for the feedback. I made the mention of WolfR4 and Patch 512 on the Converted Tracks page to links that points to your site. And thank you for reporting those bugs, they should be fixed now.

- miromiro
The unreleased tracks is as finished as I found them worth to be. Most of them is project I later canceled to work further on, mostly because of the huge work there would be to make them good. I don't want to spam RVZT with unfinished tracks, I don't even find worth to release myself.

I made the comment feature available on my own tracks, because I wanted to make my own website a bit more alive. Feedback is the most important thing in the world, so why not give visitors the chance of leaving a comment, while they're waiting for their download to finish anyways?

Your idea about categorizing the MAKEITGOOD sub-category into sub-sub-categories is good, but as I only have 1 single help article related to the Ghost AI Line, I wouldn't waste space on my server with empty lists. Perhaps in the future, but for now I'll wait till someone contacts me with an issue.

Does my website feel slow to load? I've been using less space-taking pictures, so I would like to know if that helped any. :)

Posted: 15 May 2010, 19:42
jigebren
urnemanden @ May 15 2010, 03:03 PM wrote:Does my website feel slow to load? I've been using less space-taking pictures, so I would like to know if that helped any.  :)
For me it's ok (first time I open a page I can see a very little delay while images are loading, but honestly it's quite unnoticeable). Maybe people with slower connection could see the difference, though.

Posted: 15 May 2010, 20:12
miromiro
Speed is perfect over here.

I think you should make those pages after you got the info you need to post on them.
Still, I think your unreleased tracks are good enough to release them, but do whatever you want :)

Your reasons for posting comments are good, I was wrong in this case
:banghead: :banghead:

Good luck with your next update! I like this one and I can't wait for the next stuff you're gonna add :)

:cheers:

Posted: 16 May 2010, 08:55
jaseaka
good work urne.
i still think an e-zine would be a good idea.

Posted: 16 May 2010, 15:38
KDL
looks very nice :)

Posted: 06 Jan 2012, 01:30
Daniel_Revay
It does not work any more.
:(