Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Aug 2008, 20:07
nero
Hi,hope you guys know the Lego Rally 2 Initial Release.I need some help here.
At the grass part i'd like grass lego walls,and at the dirt part,i'd like dirt lego walls.
And no invisle obstacles!
I can't do this on my own.
Anyone,intrested? :D

Posted: 19 Aug 2008, 23:45
urnemanden
:(

Posted: 20 Aug 2008, 01:12
hilaire9
You can not texture the blue lego wall with 2 different textures.

I used rvGlue on the track to texture the walls and the floor,
and removed the skylight.

Download a new .w file and and a new h.bmp (with wall and floor texture):

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Also, I saw the directional triggers are placed to close to the turns they indicate.
Move them back some so they display a few seconds before the actual turn.

Posted: 21 Aug 2008, 11:55
nero
You can not texture the blue lego wall with 2 different textures.
Yes you can.Yamada's Pipeline proves that.It has 2 types of lego walls:Bricks and concrete.

Anyway,thanks for the new files and advice.I can see that the lego walls are bricks.
Lrally 2 will be updated soon...
Anyway,i'm already working on Lrally 3...

Posted: 24 Aug 2008, 01:59
PatS
Well, i could do it, but im not interrested. I am only making/helping with Extreme tracks.
When I first read this reply to Nero's plea for help, I thought you were pretty nervy to have knowledge and to not want to share it - and then in the next post Hil, who in my opinion is a Re-Volt legend, takes the time to answer the question in great detail. What made the game great in the past was the collective ideas from people who were desperate to learn more about how to unlock Re-Volt's many mysteries.
And some of the most amazing levels out there are lego, albeit extreme lego. Try to race Catacombs or Castle Keepers and let me know if you think all legos should be lumped together as "beginner". PatS

Posted: 24 Aug 2008, 02:07
Crone94
PatS @ Aug 23 2008, 09:29 PM wrote:
Well, i could do it, but im not interrested. I am only making/helping with Extreme tracks.
When I first read this reply to Nero's plea for help, I thought you were pretty nervy to have knowledge and to not want to share it - and then in the next post Hil, who in my opinion is a Re-Volt legend, takes the time to answer the question in great detail. What made the game great in the past was the collective ideas from people who were desperate to learn more about how to unlock Re-Volt's many mysteries.
And some of the most amazing levels out there are lego, albeit extreme lego. Try to race Catacombs or Castle Keepers and let me know if you think all legos should be lumped together as "beginner". PatS
Lego's can be good, i totally i agree with that, specially the ones you mentioned. Some can be almost as good as an extreme if you put a lot of effort in them.

Another thing (i think) is that urne shouldnt have made that reply its sorta deprimating that if you ask for help and then someone answers: yes i can help you but im not going to. If you dont wanna help, dont say anything.
This is just my point of view...

Posted: 25 Aug 2008, 05:47
hilaire9
Yamada did apply 2 different textures to the lego walls, but not with
the basic rvGlue texture wall and floor command. He used, I believe,
rvGlue's remap option for several lego wall polygons. I recall helping
on this track (Pipeline by Yamada) due to a conflict with a Japanese keyboard
in MAKEITGOOD edit mode. I wish Yamada was still around making tracks.

I also believe cool legos can still be made with careful use of rvGlue, MAKEITGOOD
edit modes and creative texture use and Track Editor layout creation.

Posted: 25 Aug 2008, 06:29
Adamodell
urnemanden @ Aug 19 2008, 07:15 PM wrote: ...
POST WHORING SHOULD BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY

(anyone see the irony in this post?)

Posted: 26 Aug 2008, 15:24
nero
But still,i think the idea is great! :D
Anyway,the wall texturing is good...could you tell me the mapping of the lego walls and the floor?

EDIT:Can you use the Legosplit option in the Tazsplit option?

Posted: 26 Aug 2008, 17:05
hilaire9
The two commands I used on LRally2:

1.) First I backed-up the original .ncp file by
renaming it orig_LRally2.ncp
Any rvGlue created .ncp file will have the
invisible walls.
You want to use the Track Editor created .ncp file as the final .ncp file

2.) I renamed the orignal .w file to editor.w

3.) then I used this command to remove the lamp (the skylight)
and the boxes on the edge of the track:

create LRally2
editor.w
(
legosplit (
lamp ( off )
box ( off )
)
)
----------------------------------------
Three new files will be created with this command:

LRally2.w, LRally2.ncp, and LRally2.i-w

4.) Now rename the the editor.w file to 1_editor.w
(I rename with numbers to keep track of the order they
were used.

5.) Now rename the new LRally2.w to editor.w

6.) Delete the new LRally2.ncp and LRally2.i-w

7.) Then I used this command to texture the lego walls
and floor:

create LRally2
editor.w
(

wall_double h:128,128:128x128
texturefloor h:0,128:128x128
)

The 'h' in the command refers to the h.bmp
The wall_double numbers refer to the 128 x 128 pixal
bottom right corner of the h.bmp.
the texturefloor numbers refer the 128 x 128 pixal
bottom left corner of the h.bmp.

NOTE: this command is for a double-sized lego like LRally2.
If the track is single-sized change the command line to
wall_single.

8.) Now you can delete the LRally2.ncp, and LRally2.i-w files.

9.) Now you can rename the orig_LRally2 file back to LRally2.ncp
------------------------
Also, I do not know if you can mix legosplit and tazsplit lines in one command.
I do not mainly because I use template commands for rvGlue stuff.

Posted: 26 Aug 2008, 18:02
urnemanden
I know it is named 'Lego Rally' but are you going to make it extreme? Could be really cool with some signs and banners over the track. :D

Posted: 26 Aug 2008, 19:31
nero
Maybe...
Anyway,here is the story of Lego Rally:

I created a track called 'Motherload Unlimited'.
Did some surface properties.
Then,fixed some textures(hope you know why).
Then i renamed the track to 'Lego Rally'
Hence a lego track like a rally track.
Expect a new update soon...

Send me some suggestions here and i might do it.

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 03:51
Adamodell
All this topic does to me is confuse me and make me realize that cars are my forte and tracks would be my epic downfall... hey, got my name on a track anyway...

Nero, I think you should drop the whole sequel thing... I mean, everything you make has multiple sequels... you could expand yourself much further by doing more unique tracks rather than dedicated sequels that are on the same theme and such...

Maybe I'm just an idiot who should stfu because he is an elitist and thinks everything sucks besides my own stuff....

or

Maybe I speak the truth

...you decide lol

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 14:32
Crone94
Adamodell @ Aug 26 2008, 11:21 PM wrote: All this topic does to me is confuse me and make me realize that cars are my forte and tracks would be my epic downfall... hey, got my name on a track anyway...

Nero, I think you should drop the whole sequel thing... I mean, everything you make has multiple sequels... you could expand yourself much further by doing more unique tracks rather than dedicated sequels that are on the same theme and such...

Maybe I'm just an idiot who should stfu because he is an elitist and thinks everything sucks besides my own stuff....

or

Maybe I speak the truth

...you decide lol
Exactly what im thinking all your tracks has at least 1 or 2 sequels. Try with some new idea's instead.

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 14:57
nero
Adamodell @ Aug 26 2008, 11:21 PM wrote: All this topic does to me is confuse me and make me realize that cars are my forte and tracks would be my epic downfall... hey, got my name on a track anyway...

or

Maybe I speak the truth

...you decide lol
You do...but if after you see a 1 after the track name,this is what it means:
There will be a second version of it... :P

And no,i wont drop it...
Who will say:"Lego Rally 2 should be finished!"?

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 15:00
nero
But i have no further ideas.If someone could give me an idea,then just tell it. :D