Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Jul 2008, 21:30
ali
Hi guys,

It's nice to see you're still active and making stuff for RV after, what, 9 years? Pretty impressive!

I thought giving RV another shot. I'm just reluctant of installing it back from CD, then all the patches, then all the tracks, then the unlock cheats. (Plus is a 9-year-old CD readable at all?) So, is there an easier way, like an up-to-date package of everything you maintain somewhere or something?

Also, anybody ever tried running RV in a virtual Parallels machine on a Mac?

ali

Posted: 27 Jul 2008, 21:47
Manmountain
'Drop's to knee's and bow's in aww' :o

Dude, long time no see.

The easiest way of installing ReVolt in it's all singing all dancing up to date form is to download this

Would we dare to ask if you plan on any tool/utility updates ?
Or is it more just to past the time and bask in what your early creations have help to develop ? ;)

Good to see you, come back here anytime. B)

Posted: 27 Jul 2008, 22:30
revoltkid
hey there
i never met u considering that 9 years ago i was 6 years old
lol
well
obviously from mm's response ur one of those old legends
nice to see u
:)
hope we can also get some of the origionals back here
:)

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 01:09
Adamodell
*wipes eyes in disbelief and thinks someone has snuck him some hallucinogenic drugs in his Dr Pepper*

MM's link seems good, but you better have some fast internets.

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 01:38
jaseaka

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 01:54
Adamodell
That picture speaks way more than 1000 words...
lol

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 06:38
hilaire9
Hey ali, good to see you drop in.
B) :rolleyes: B)

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 07:57
ali
Hey, that's a nice welcome! I should probably immediatly leave again, 'cause I couldn't possible stand up to your expectations...

Anyways, just drove Toyeca through my own track from 2000, now that was weird. I also seem to remember the course in most of the stock tracks after several years. At the same time, I forget important job stuff every day. :(

About tools: Well... I'm not exactly the student with too much time anymore, as I was back then. And I didn't look at these things since 2002 or so. Of course I can look into easy things and see if I remember what I did there. Did you have anything specific in mind?

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 14:22
urnemanden
ah, yes. Are you able to Convert The CHAOS Tools to a 32bit program? i got x64 Windows here :P

anyways. good to see you, even when you dont know me ;)

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 22:30
Manmountain
ali @ Jul 28 2008, 03:27 AM wrote:About tools: Well... I'm not exactly the student with too much time anymore, as I was back then. And I didn't look at these things since 2002 or so. Of course I can look into easy things and see if I remember what I did there. Did you have anything specific in mind?
I think urnemanden has hit the right button there.

What most poeple are wanting are the old tool's to work on a new system & OS, is that something you could possibly look into ?
Hey, that's a nice welcome! I should probably immediatly leave again, 'cause I couldn't possible stand up to your expectations...
From your little moment of concentraded hard work, you helped open the flood gates of imagination.
We are under praising you, trust me. ;)

Posted: 28 Jul 2008, 23:15
Adamodell
ali @ Jul 28 2008, 03:27 AM wrote: Hey, that's a nice welcome! I should probably immediatly leave again, 'cause I couldn't possible stand up to your expectations...

Anyways, just drove Toyeca through my own track from 2000, now that was weird. I also seem to remember the course in most of the stock tracks after several years. At the same time, I forget important job stuff every day. :(

About tools: Well... I'm not exactly the student with too much time anymore, as I was back then. And I didn't look at these things since 2002 or so. Of course I can look into easy things and see if I remember what I did there. Did you have anything specific in mind?
Don't make me laugh... :lol:

This community has no expectations whatsoever.

Posted: 29 Jul 2008, 01:31
arto
ali @ Jul 27 2008, 05:00 PM wrote: Also, anybody ever tried running RV in a virtual Parallels machine on a Mac?
No, but RV does work in Linux using Wine which is almost as good depending on your preferences.

I'd imagine virtual machines are pretty lousy running any games.

And welcome back ali! There's tons of great tracks released during your absence that owe their existence to the work you did.

Posted: 29 Jul 2008, 13:36
robenue
I know this is a whole drop, but why hasn't anyone made a GUI for RV-Glue?

now that would be cool!

Posted: 29 Jul 2008, 15:33
Crone94
Most of the things you need to know about rvglue is in the documents that comes with the pack

Posted: 13 Aug 2008, 21:04
nero
Hehe,glad your back ali(or are you gone already?)

Anyway,it's glad to be back.
Do you plan on making rvtmod 8?
I'm fine without the GUI.

Posted: 13 Aug 2008, 23:00
Adamodell
nero @ Aug 13 2008, 04:34 PM wrote: Hehe,glad your back ali(or are you gone already?)

Anyway,it's glad to be back.
Do you plan on making rvtmod 8?
I'm fine without the GUI.
8-Ball says yes.

Posted: 14 Aug 2008, 06:15
hilaire9
Welcome back ali. Now quit your job and make more Revolt tools!

Posted: 14 Aug 2008, 15:01
Crone94
hilaire9 @ Aug 14 2008, 01:45 AM wrote: Welcome back ali. Now quit your job and make more Revolt tools!
just what im thinking :P

Posted: 15 Aug 2008, 02:48
Dave-o-rama
whoa. i'm hallucinating. or maybe it's the lack of sleep. but whoa. *doesn't know what to say*

*finally has something to say after minutes of thinking*
WELCOME BACK!

Posted: 26 Aug 2008, 15:02
nero
8-Ball says yes.
What does that mean? ;)

Posted: 27 Aug 2008, 23:33
Skitch2
Hello again ali.
its nice to hear from you again mate its been a long time.
I am still producing things for ReVolt dude but i am holding off from releasing them as yet. I may one day feel the need to let emm go.
I will continue to sing your praises as far as your tools go as they still treat me fine and let me create random stuff in max and make things i can drive around lol.

If you stick around dude it will be a great help and a boost to this community.

Laterz...
Mike.....

Posted: 28 Aug 2008, 18:28
nero
Btw,Skitch,when do you plan on releasing that pack? :)
I just wanna know,cuz i wanna make more extreme tracks,i'm out of ideas,i'm bored.

Posted: 28 Aug 2008, 22:28
jaseaka
here's an ideal. a manufacturing warehouse. and of course what will be on the assembly line: re-volt cars! happy track making...

Posted: 29 Aug 2008, 00:31
Skitch2
Didn't get the recommended response to make my pack worth while peeps sorry.
If it had more support i would have done it.
Any way byee for now.
Mike....

Posted: 29 Aug 2008, 01:06
Manmountain
Skitch2 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:01 PM wrote:Didn't get the recommended response to make my pack worth while peeps sorry.
Any way byee for now.
Mike....
NOOoooo...!!! :o :(

Posted: 29 Aug 2008, 03:37
Adamodell
Skitch2 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:01 PM wrote: Didn't get the recommended response to make my pack worth while peeps sorry.
Any way byee for now.
Mike....

I shall now state a comment I normally only save for informal writing.

EPIC FAIL

Posted: 05 Sep 2008, 19:32
nero
jaseaka @ Aug 28 2008, 05:58 PM wrote:here's an ideal. a manufacturing warehouse. and of course what will be on the assembly line: re-volt cars! happy track making...
I did that about 3 times ;)
I plan on making one with the Offroad-kit.
Expect it soon.

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 02:39
TheMeandMe
hello ali!
long time no write indeed.
have to change your user group immediately...

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 03:20
Adamodell
TheMeandMe @ Sep 6 2008, 10:09 PM wrote: hello ali!
long time no write indeed.
have to change your user group immediately...
"The Gluer"

Quite fitting, I will admit.

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 03:52
Manmountain
Hmm...
"The Gluer" sounds a bit tacky to me (if you pardon the pun) :P , I would have suggested something more like 'The Fixer' or 'Bond Technician' :D

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 14:10
Crone94
Skitch2 @ Aug 28 2008, 08:01 PM wrote: Didn't get the recommended response to make my pack worth while peeps sorry.
Any way byee for now.
Mike....
Suuure... Only 3/4 of the community responded <_<

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 14:25
hilaire9
Hey Skitch, you lazy sod! Get that kit done or I will book a
flight to Limeyland and kick your bottom all over town!
How about taking an hour off from club hopping and get
into Max?

Edit--

I see my word for 'bottom' has been replaced by Manmountain
from the original . All I got to say about that is potatoe!

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 16:06
Skitch2
lmao hill !!

I am doing it ok!!!

And yes i was club hopping yet again last night and i feel quite bad at the mo so no shouting please.

I am still battling with "Toy World gone Large" at the mo but as soon as its finished i will be on the kit again.

Love to all lol
Mike....

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 17:12
urnemanden
Yeah! Great News! :D

Posted: 07 Sep 2008, 19:39
TheMeandMe
Manmountain @ Sep 7 2008, 12:22 AM wrote: Hmm...
"The Gluer" sounds a bit tacky to me (if you pardon the pun) :P , I would have suggested something more like 'The Fixer' or 'Bond Technician' :D
lols. actually, i had "Glue sniffer" written into the field to go with the pub theme, but then i decided otherwise. Gluer is something special, technician or fixer sounds too general for ali to me.

Posted: 10 Sep 2008, 04:26
Adamodell
TheMeandMe @ Sep 7 2008, 03:09 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ Sep 7 2008, 12:22 AM wrote: Hmm...
"The Gluer" sounds a bit tacky to me (if you pardon the pun)&nbsp; :P , I would have suggested something more like 'The Fixer' or 'Bond Technician'&nbsp; :D
lols. actually, i had "Glue sniffer" written into the field to go with the pub theme, but then i decided otherwise. Gluer is something special, technician or fixer sounds too general for ali to me.
Don't fuhget we have wittle wittle kids here!

Promoting the inhalation of glue! LOL!

Well... if there's a cheap way to get high that is it.