Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 Oct 2005, 08:19
Jip
Hi all,

Im really keen on getting into 3ds Max, wanna get into track making :o I gather the software is pretty complicated, bit of a steep learning curve, but im hoping that I can get some advice of some of u guyz, like what version u use and where I can find help on getting to grips with the basic's. ;)

Posted: 05 Oct 2005, 03:28
Manmountain
First off, 3D Max ain't cheap, several thousands, thats 2000.00+
So, unless you have a really generous relative you may need to kiss bottom in the community, ;) you never know. :D

As for help/tutorials, you can find a few useful tutorials over at RVA : Tutorials @ RVA , there's the RVMax and the CADSTER tuts.
And hopefully there will soon be an easy to follow tut from Skitch2.

Posted: 06 Oct 2005, 21:24
Jip
:o ... :unsure: .... :D Ok Mm Nice one for the Info, I guess Id better Pucker Up eh

Posted: 06 Oct 2005, 23:50
The_noik
Doesnt maya also supports a revolt plug-in?

Posted: 07 Oct 2005, 23:32
Iron Bob
One way to get Max is to take a course at your local collage, then purchase a student copy. But you don't have to use Max to make models for a track. Most peeps in the community like it because it does a better job. But if you really are interested and don't want to spend the whole budget. You can use Zmodeler, found here. I personally find Zmodeler aggrivating to use. So I use Milkshape3D, found here. from Milkshape I export the model to ".3ds" format. Then Import into Zmodeler, and then export in ".prm" format. You can then use prm2ncp and rvglue to put the model into the track.

Hope that helps

Posted: 09 Oct 2005, 13:05
Skitch2
Lets be honest here!!

Max cost me bugger all

Posted: 09 Oct 2005, 16:06
piN
;)

Posted: 09 Oct 2005, 22:48
Manmountain
Skitch2 @ Oct 9 2005, 08:35 AM wrote:Lets be honest here!!

Max cost me bugger all
Now lets break this down...

Cost : The expenditure of something, such as time or labor, necessary for the attainment of a goal.
Me : Used reflexively as the indirect object.
Bugger : To practice sodomy with.
All : Being more than one.

Hmm ?? sounds like it cost Skitch more than he really wanted... lol :lol:

Posted: 10 Oct 2005, 01:39
Skitch2
Nice MM !!

Ye ole git you!!

Posted: 31 Oct 2005, 09:04
Jip
Skitch wrote:Lets be honest here!!

Max cost me bugger all
...tell it like it is man B)