Page 1 of 1
Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 23:07
Cat
Well, maybe i'm doing too much questions on forums but, i think this is the unique way to solve my nOObs

1) How people do shading on textures to make their cars look more realistic? Since i only can do the car's lines, lights and doors (like on my Fiat Uno)

2)how you do to make rvsizer work? Because it says me can't open XXXX.prm

Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 23:54
Adamodell
Gradients sound like a good idea for shading.

I did a conversion a while back that I hated the textures so much on I practically re-did them. I believe it was a Chevy Cavalier.

Well, I'd make a second layer, make that second layer a bit transparent, select a darker shade of that color, and draw it on where you want it. Then gaussian blur it a bit to make it smooth, then remove the excess color from the layer so it don't get on any other textures.

Really a better question for Aeon though, let's see what he has to say about that one.

As for RV-Sizer, if you wanna scale uniformly:

Code: Select all

rv-sizer *.prm sa=(scaling factor)
Replace a with x, y, or z if you want to just scale based on those axes.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 01:13
Manmountain
Cat @ Jul 23 2008, 06:37 PM wrote:2)how you do to make rvsizer work? Because it says me can't open XXXX.prm
I beleive this is because your prm file name is longer than 8 characters.
As RVsizer is a DOS based program it doesn't like file names longer than 8 characters.

ie, bodypart.prm, rearwing.prm - will work.
frontwing.prm, bodypanel.prm - won't work.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 02:21
Adamodell
Manmountain @ Jul 23 2008, 08:43 PM wrote:
Cat @ Jul 23 2008, 06:37 PM wrote:2)how you do to make rvsizer work? Because it says me can't open XXXX.prm
I beleive this is because your prm file name is longer than 8 characters.
As RVsizer is a DOS based program it doesn't like file names longer than 8 characters.

ie, bodypart.prm, rearwing.prm - will work.
frontwing.prm, bodypanel.prm - won't work.
Oh yeah, forgot about that, long filenames as a whole won't work, so you can't have any spaces in the name as well.

Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 12:27
urnemanden
RV-sizer dont like long names or names with " " & "_" in them. And also: All CHAOS Tools doesnt work on x64 computers, really some garbage for me :(