Page 1 of 1
Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 05:19
Adamodell
Is it just me, or is it always more polygons=more downloads?

Case in point:

Tommy Kaira ZZII (one of my best IMO)=A measly 75 downloads (RVZT)
Lamborghini Gallardo V1 (absolute worst hands down)=786 downloads (RVZT)

Anyone notice this odd pattern?

It also seems the exotics always get more downloads.

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 06:41
revoltkid
i think people are getting rid of shiny sports cars
there are just too many
that is why i like making funny looking vehicals

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 07:20
Adamodell
Maybe.

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 11:36
Aeon
My three most downloaded cars are McLaren F1, Lamborghini Diablo and Aston Martin DB7 Vantage. Those are actually the only real super sports cars that I've uploaded. Aside from that, people just go for the best repaints. But apparently everyone wants to have the really cool fast cars, regardless.

There's also nothing at all special about the McLaren F1. But its a very well known, very fast car, and everyone wants it. I mean, if you're going to fantasize, you might as well make it good and for for the F1 versus the tuner Puma.

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 21:14
Dave-o-rama
thats true. more polies and stuff means a lot more dl's.

like some cars i made (they're from like, a year ago)
Rvkid and I made a motorbike pack and that's got a LOT of downloads. (remember those?)
everything else i made, mostly repaints, arent dled much.

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 22:08
Aeon
Nobody ever downloads cars for their quality of gameplay, they download cars because they look at the picture and say "oooh, cool". Its easier to impress people with high poly cars, even if they drive like utter crap in the game and/or have numerous technical problems.

Posted: 04 Jul 2008, 23:25
Adamodell
I've sorta stopped the high poly car converting. Because Re-Volt just doesn't know how to handle them.

I mean, when the normals (shine) pop in and out of the car, something is really messed up with the rendering engine.