Page 1 of 1
Posted: 29 Sep 2005, 03:35
Revolting_J
Is anyone else having trouble with the Revolt Zone Tracks website?

Starting last night (9/27/05), when I go to that website, some of the menus are out of place, and several errors appear at various places on the page.

Here is one of the errors I copied and pasted:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/web/htdocs/revolt.speedweek.net/html/main/db.php on line 54
Error connecting to database!
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/web/htdocs/revolt.speedweek.net/html/main/db.php on line 54
Error connecting to database!
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

I have tried accessing the site from a different computer on my home network, with the same result.

So, I was curious if anyone else was having this problem, or if it's a problem on my end somehow.

Thanks all.

Posted: 29 Sep 2005, 03:57
Manmountain
Yes, I and others have the same error messages.
I sent an email to Arto asking him if there was some problem or was it my browser, this is what he replied :
Yeah Manmountain, it's not your browser, the site has some problems.
Probably some temporary problems with the database. It's nothing I can
do anything about but hopefully it'll be resolved soon.
So it's a case of wait and see, and hope that everything is up and running back to normal soon.

Posted: 29 Sep 2005, 05:43
Revolting_J
Thanks Manmountain for the info.

I just checked again and it is back up now.

Posted: 29 Sep 2005, 17:01
TheMeandMe
it was indeed not a problem of the site itself but a server side problem.
from what i gathered, server owner tried to free some space on the server(s) and ran into some script problems doing so.