Page 1 of 1
Posted: 01 Jul 2008, 03:20
Adamodell
Hmm, since I discovered the advancement of the 32 bit bmp file (with alpha channel), I wanted to see how RV would handle them, as no one in the community has tested this (to my limited knowledge).

My first guess was that it would make all alpha pixels black, and my second guess is that it would crash the game.

First guess was proven right. Re-Volt's bmp decoder doesn't understand alpha channels on bmp files, so it just shows alpha pixels as 0 0 0. (well, it's pureblack, but that ain't the point, as that isn't what I'm looking for).

The reason 32 bit bitmaps would be a big advancement (for RV) is because you could have anti-aliasing inbetween visible and invisible, rather than the on/off disadvantage of the pureblack invisible, which results in horrible aliasing akin to the GIF format.

32 bit bitmaps really aren't supported enough. In essence, they are pretty much TGA's without the RLE compression option. Sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but this ain't happenin'.

(and if it properly worked, maybe even tinted windows and other awesomeness)

Posted: 01 Jul 2008, 04:47
Manmountain
You created and killed an idea all in one post.... WHY ? :blink:

Do you not have a blog section on your own site to have these mental outburst ? :huh:

Create debate by all means, just don't have these blunt statements of self expression.
Why don't you just start one thread 'Adam's unanswered questions', then just use that thread to waffle on, rather than starting new threads that wont really lead to anywhere.

Posted: 01 Jul 2008, 05:41
Adamodell
You love me, I know :P

Well, if I just said "try it yourself" they woulda got the same results. I just wanna say that it didn't work so some fool 3 years from now didn't attempt the same thing and not report it. I was quite sure it wouldn't work, but I had to try. Maybe I'll try a different setting or something... I dunno.

Anyway, in this community, you kind of have to answer yourself.

If this is a mental outburst... think again. You should of seen some of my reactions elsewhere, and if you don't know where elsewhere is, it's 3 repeating letters (that aren't KKK).

(Adamodell verges into off-topic realms)
=====================================

And, by the way, I'm sorry I post essays. But essays are the only way I feel that I can share my ideas and thoughts on any said subject matter.

I'm trying to be the anti of all the people who "tak lyk dis" in this community and post one liners that leave me guessing... along with the pnigtgtor or whatever group.

And I think too hard which leads me to rambling on and going off-topic just like a couple lines above... yes, I catch myself, but I don't stop it.

And, one more thing, maybe I do need a blog, but maybe not. As no one would read it, and that would defeat the whole purpose of it all, correct?

And will you stop saying waffle man... I'll never think of Eggo's the same way twice if you keep mentioning it...