Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Jun 2008, 22:17
Aeon
Sure, it would be fun to replace Re-Volt's stock cars and tracks with some futuristic cars and track, except for a few little problems.

1. All of RiffRaff's tracks crash when used to replace the stock tracks and run in a time trial or practice mode.

2. RiffRaff is the only one who made tracks like this, and he only made 5-6, if you count reversed versions. Re-Volt comes with 13 tracks, so even if all of RiffRaff's tracks were used in reverse, there still wouldn't be enough.

3. The game crashes periodically when attempting to race with these cars and tracks.

4. RiffRaff only made about 15 cars. Anything else has to be made by other people, and there isn't much made by other people, which means everything else has to be made by me.

5. The AI still sucks with futuristic cars.

6. No one really cares anyway.

Posted: 21 Jun 2008, 22:51
Aeon
Maybe it would be better to try replacing the stock cars and tracks with a different set of RC cars/tracks instead. I know there are enough RC-style tracks out there which are decently high quality, but I don't know how many good RC cars there are, which are new rather than edited.

Posted: 22 Jun 2008, 16:58
jaseaka
didnt kay did somthing like this?

Posted: 22 Jun 2008, 20:25
Aeon
I wouldn't know.

Posted: 23 Jun 2008, 18:30
Adamodell
I agree with number 6 about 20 times over.

Well, maybe there is one source of the problem. It'd be a pain, but maybe you should do it step-by-step, like do it one item at a time.

I would've replied faster, but for reasons I don't feel like spreading around, I couldn't.

Posted: 27 Jun 2008, 22:38
GWC
First, I don't agree with '6'. I think that many ARE interested, but, as lurkers, can't be bothered to say so.

Second, I have a feeling that replacing the stock tracks and cars may not be straightforward. I've tried replacing tracks and cars to create a custom bronze cup - and RV didn't like it.

Unfortunately, it was a 'late nite job', and I put off looking into it for another day; which still hasn't arrived!

Third, I see no reason why you should have problems with Riff's tracks or cars; tho I have had a similar problem in the past - I forget under what circumstances, but I haven't had it since I re-installed Windoze, some 6 yrs ago!

Do keep trying new ideas - you have more support than you think.

Geoff