Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 22:29
Aeon
Ever since I've started working with these futuristic cars instead of the typical real-life wannabes, I've started experiencing persistent, nasty crashes with Re-Volt. And they don't just freeze the game, or close the program either. When it crashes, it freezes the whole computer so that I have to do a hard reboot, and after that, my computer starts up again, starts running a memory check because it didn't shut down properly, and then...freezes again. So I have to reboot, memory check...freeze. I've had this happen up to 5 times in a row before the computer finally gets back on its feet. Its not fun waiting 15 minutes to recover from a crash.

I've had this happen on both RiffRaff's Newk and Magnet tracks. Typically the game can run for maybe 15 minutes before it happens, but sometimes it happens even on the first lap, especially after a recent freeze.

At the moment I have no stock cars in my cars directory, except for the mini cars, shopping cart and the ufo, which is all just there to keep Re-Volt from screwing up when it wants to display them. I have about 15 custom futuristic cars, some by riffraff and some by me.

I don't know if its the cars that are causing the problems, or maybe something in RiffRaff's tracks, but its getting really irritating trying to work on something when it causes a huge, obnoxious crash every few minutes.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 22:58
Adamodell
I really don't know what could be the problem, really. Maybe the game has some sort of check for the stock cars and it is failing that check, resulting in a crash.

Of course, I don't know why it would cause a systemwide crash. That crap's wack.