Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Jun 2008, 13:21
Aeon
I just beat all four cups with RC Bandit. 5 points left to spare at the end of the fourth. The only cars that presented any real challenge in the whole thing were Toyeca and Zipper. Cougar and Bertha Ballistics deserve an honorable mention, but every other car was just a waste of space.

Maybe it would be fun to have people submit custom futuristic cars, and we can compile the stats together (I've got a system that essentially evens everything out based on what you input, so all the cars would be competitive against each other), and then we could race them in competition and see which cars come out on top.

But then I realized that I'm the only one who makes custom futuristic cars. Oh well.

Anyway, this just goes to show how un-challenging Re-Volt's AI is, but we already knew that. It was fun on the Platinum run, for a little while, but the tracks all seem really long when you're racing them in a car who's top speed is right around 30mph...

I even wish they had implemented something that would automatically enhance the AI's acceleration, top speed and traction when the AI was set to a harder difficulty levels. I do this myself sometimes - compile all of the cars with enhanced settings except for the one I plan to race. Its kind of fun, but its annoying to have to use the same car all the time unless you stop and recompile the car stats again.

Well, the only real reason I posted this was to say that RC Bandit rocks more than all those snooty Pro cars. Sucks to be you, Toyeca!

Posted: 17 Jun 2008, 00:20
Adamodell
I could make custom futuristic cars, but I'd feel that I was copying off of you. I'm not a copycat in that respect.

Posted: 17 Jun 2008, 06:39
Aeon
I sit here asking for other people to help make custom futuristic cars and you complain that it would be copying me? Besides, I was fiddling with real-life cars first, so you're already copying me. If you wanted to not copy me, you should have made some proper RC cars.

Posted: 17 Jun 2008, 07:21
Adamodell
Hey, if you were making real-life cars, you were copying off of The Me and Me! :P

We're all copycats, but, futuristic cars is not a standard for Re-Volt. If I find a custom car that piques my interest, I'll screw around with bending it around and retexturing it. After my ZZIII of course.

Posted: 17 Jun 2008, 09:05
Aeon
The Me and Me -> Aeon -> Adamodell
RiffRaff -> Aeon -> Adamodell

I see nothing out of the ordinary in your remaking of futuristic re-volt cars.

Besides, I told you that if you want, I can make up some models and you can texture them with Lithium Unwrapper. If you haven't noticed, I seem to be inclined toward dull gray colored textures, and all of my vehicles seem to look alike in that aspect.

Posted: 17 Jun 2008, 10:21
Adamodell
I'd be inclined to it, but I'd actually probably prefer to texture them in ZMod, as I've really learned to use that with my GT2 conversions. Anyway, not right now, it's late here.

I have yet to really understand UnWrapper, but it looks useful in some aspects.

Oh, we gotta fix this...
The Me and Me -> Aeon -> Adamodell -> Robenue -> Sora
RiffRaff -> Aeon -> Adamodell -> ?

Posted: 18 Jun 2008, 06:53
Aeon
Lithium Unwrapper is nice since there is an option that looks at the model from 6 directions, figures out which faces are most visible from each direction, and then lays out all of the faces in groups on the bitmap. After that, its just up to you to move things around to where you want it on the BMP.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 04:59
Adamodell
Might have to mess around with that...

k22a Virus is what I'm messing around with right now, I'm not sure if I can make anything futuristic out of it.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 09:33
Aeon
If you're wanting to contribute to any sort of kit, though, I'd like to avoid cars with cockpits. Just so you know.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 18:19
Adamodell
Yeah, I was texturing it all futuristic like, and I realized that the cockpit stuck out like a sore thumb. One more thing, I was driving the Gremlin, and I kept st starting at its wheels, because I swear the blue light in the middle stays bright in dark places. Must just be some weird effect of using bright colors on a dark spot.