Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Jun 2008, 09:58
Aeon

You know what that piece of junk means? It means I can model cars in Blender, export them as 3DS Max files and texture them in Lithium Unwrapper, export them into Zmodeler, convert them into NFS4 cars and export them into Re-Volt.

W00t.

Only issue now is that whenever I do this process, it likes to makes the shines on the cars "not smooth". I'm not sure what causes that or what to do about it. Anyone else have any experience in that department?

Posted: 12 Jun 2008, 10:50
Adamodell
The day Aeon says w00t is the day I hang myself on the gallows.

Goodbye all.

Posted: 12 Jun 2008, 11:01
Aeon
I think Adamodell needs a hug. He's has a rough week, getting all upset with RST and all.

And I'll assume you know nothing of the shine issue.

Posted: 12 Jun 2008, 11:05
Adamodell
I'm the one who asks people for hugs Aeon. I like the mesh. What do you mean about the non smooth shining?

I think the normals need to be re-calculated

If there is no shine at all, select all the faces in ZModeler in SEL mode, and right click on the object name in the box. Click faces --> properties, and uncheck don't blend textures.

Posted: 12 Jun 2008, 23:17
Adamodell
I will help you if you send it to metallicafan128 at the wonderful world of gmail.com

Of course, I don't ever remember being more skilled at ZModeler than you. And I suck royally at Blender.

P.S.: That Lithium Unwrapper is NIIIICE. Thanks for posting about it. Now I can remap groups of polygons without having to select them in ZMod. And it imports PRM's!

Posted: 14 Jun 2008, 13:24
Aeon
> What do you mean about the non smooth shining?

What I mean by that is, instead of the shines running smoothly across the surface of the cars like they normally do, for MY custom models the shines just light up individual faces instead. Its like looking at a diamond with hard-cut faces instead of looking at a sphere.

You can test drive Tachyon to see what I mean.

Posted: 14 Jun 2008, 18:26
Adamodell
Aeon @ Jun 14 2008, 08:54 AM wrote: > What do you mean about the non smooth shining?

What I mean by that is, instead of the shines running smoothly across the surface of the cars like they normally do, for MY custom models the shines just light up individual faces instead. Its like looking at a diamond with hard-cut faces instead of looking at a sphere.

You can test drive Tachyon to see what I mean.
The vertex normals aren't good then. With the object selected in ZModeler, experiment with the different normals options like Calculate (this probably won't work), or Projection.

Some Ryuji Kainoh cars have really bad normals and a simple click of calculate makes them like new. This isn't always the case though.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008, 23:31
Adamodell
Hmm, I think I discovered something making my custom car (based on Shivan).

The vertex normals are messed up for 3ds in ZMod, sadly. To fix this, export the imported 3ds, and import it again. Seems to have made it smooth again. Just my 2 cents of monetary value.

Posted: 24 Jun 2008, 01:24
Adamodell
Hmm, I might have a futuristic car out before I leave, but it is all up to myself and if I feel correct in this community any longer. I might send the PRM to you so you can map it and finish it or something.