Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Jun 2008, 07:26
Aeon
How are you supposed to find out the coordinates and angle of a starting position in an extreme track? Its easy enough in a lego because each tile is the same size and you can just count them, but I have no idea how to figure out where you want the cars to be in an extreme.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008, 05:29
zagames
One of the MAKEITGOOD options shows the coords when you place whatever it is you're editing. I don't know what though.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008, 06:02
Manmountain
An easy trial an error way is...
Edit your Track Zones first and create a really large zone 0, this will stop the game from crashing when it trys to position the cars at the start if they are outside of zone 0.
Then using the Alt+Tab keys to exit the running game, edit your Tracks inf file, save then re-enter the game, load your track and see where the cars land, if not right then exit your track but not the whole game and start this paragraph again until your cars are in the correct position.
Then re-edit your Track Zones.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008, 06:41
Aeon
Bah, that's what I did last time. I was hoping there was a better way.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008, 22:01
GWC
There is an easy way!!!!

It's called findump and it's in the RVminis pack!!!!!!

You place a 2D arrow (startpos.prm?) at your start position, and use findump to read it's co-ordinates.

Geoff

Posted: 16 Jun 2008, 11:44
Crone94
I think zach means the camera edit mode. Place a camera node and write the cordinates down. Put them in the .inf file. After that they might turn the wrong way. Try to rotate them until it fits (Rotating is the STARTROT)