Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Jun 2008, 06:27
Aeon
Take the track Newk by RiffRaff, rename it nhood1 and all of its subfiles nhood1. Race the track. Everything works fine. Do a Time Trail on the track. CRASH! No reason. Nope, none at all. Sucks to be you.

~!@#$%ing program.

Posted: 07 Jun 2008, 10:54
Aeon
Anyway, I just created a reversed version of Newk, and in the process I've discovered two things.

1. Re-Volt's track editing tools suck. They crashed my computer like 3 times, and each crash freezes my computer directly after restart.

2. Newk has some drivability issues that you don't notice if you're going fast, in the proper direction. Turns out some of the downhill slopes, where you'd normally go flying, don't always have a solid floor beneath them. That makes it kind of bad when you're driving it backwards.

Posted: 08 Jun 2008, 07:21
hilaire9
I don't think you understand the process of making a reverse track.
For Newk all new Track Zones, POS nodes and AI must be created (edited),
not just renamed, plus the .inf must be modified.

Posted: 08 Jun 2008, 09:09
Aeon
I understand how to make a reverse track just fine. My reversed version of Newk has all new Track Zones, POS nodes, and reversed AI lines. The starting position has also been relocated to a different spot on the track. There's nothing wrong with the way that I've reversed the track. However, the track itself has some floor issues that you don't notice when driving it properly.

You can download the track if you like, and drive it backwards. When you come to an uphill slope (not the dark one), go real slow until you fall into a spot where your car freaks out.

Why the track crashes in time trial mode, I still don't know. The default Newk crashes in time trial mode. Its not my fault. I blame Re-Volt.

Posted: 08 Jun 2008, 20:48
hilaire9
I just drove it backward and found the spot you mean. Some sort
of ncp collision problem with something just under the road surface, it
is where the road is at the junction of a bridge.

Posted: 09 Jun 2008, 00:50
Aeon
Is there any simple way to fix that, or is it a lost cause?

Posted: 09 Jun 2008, 01:19
Manmountain
I would suggest that you create a PRM of the section using RVglue (the tazsplit option, I think ?), then use the PRM2NCP tool to create solid data then add the new PRM & NCP file and overlay them/it at the correct point.
Running RVglue on the whole track might cause more missing data or add data.