Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 May 2008, 18:32
Adamodell
Well, if tracks have grades, why can't cars? I always thought it would be cool to see the quality of your car in numbers.

Posted: 10 Jun 2008, 06:18
Cat
For car grading i suggest: speed, acceleration, stability, maneuverability, exterior style

Posted: 10 Jun 2008, 09:33
revoltkid
well.....i think it might be too late...cuz there are ALLOT of cars on rvzt still 2day...and even though people may vote....not all the cars that are pre existant will have a vote......
i hope that u eill understand what i am trying to say
:)

Posted: 10 Jun 2008, 12:02
Aeon
I think the only things you could reasonably rate a car on would be handling and paint, and even then only repaints and originals would qualify for paint ratings. Things like speed and acceleration are totally relative and would meaningless as ratings.

I guess it all comes down to what you mean by "ratings"? Are you looking for votes on what people thought of the car? Because a vote on the car's speed and acceleration would dumb. But if you're asking for people's opinion on the car's statistics, then they'd make sense.

But even even, its all relative. I had an M3 designed to the same specifications of my other real life cars and that was one OMFG fast car. But considering most of my real-life cars as slow and *caugh* realistic, compared to most of the real life cars for Re-Volt, my M3 would be considered slow even if, by my standards, it was fast.

Then of course, the futuristic cars I'm working with right now would leave that M3 in the dust going 60+mph. Even then, the slowest accelerator of the bunch would measure in at over 600 horsepower by the real life car standards.

So if you're going to rate a car by your opinion, really, what is there to rate besides "How cool does it look?" and "How nice does it drive"?