Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Apr 2008, 21:39
Cat
I noticed that the standard track editor has too muc simplicity and limitations on the modules, roads, crossroads, jumps, etc. I was thinking on a new editor that makes corners with variated angles (standard editor only makes 90 degree corners, tight, medium or open radius), elevations/bankings on corners (the standard only makes them flat or square banked corners), adjustable width for every part of a track (corners included), thick and twick fences or walls or open road (standard only makes twick walls), crossroads and divisions, tunnels, ambientation (like buildings, runing trains, trees, lamp posts, etc), trackside elevations (for mountains and precipices), circuit or point to point, etc.

If i have more ideas, i will edit this.

Yeah, some things that you can do with MAKEITGOOD, but easier.

What do you guess about this???

Posted: 30 Apr 2008, 22:27
Crone94
It would be really cool but i dont think someone is able to create such an editor.
Zach (ZaGames) have already been suggesting a extreme track editor, but i think the project is dead (sad but true)

Posted: 30 Apr 2008, 22:47
Cat
ali has invented it, but he never realised it.
Like kay said on the post from RV Forum: "is just A DREAM", but there are dreams that can become true so, we need to search for anybody that is capable of creating this revolutionary idea or talk to ali.

Posted: 01 May 2008, 00:23
Killer Wheels
Try 3ds max, really great track editor ! :lol:

Posted: 03 May 2008, 03:17
Dave-o-rama
@kw: nice.

@Cat: get trackmk. Im not sure where to find it, look on RVA maybe. If you make track pieces that will solve your problems, there you go.

Posted: 03 May 2008, 03:22
Adamodell
Tracks will never be my thing. They sound too difficult. MakeItGood edits are all I can do.

Posted: 03 May 2008, 04:56
Manmountain
Dave-o-rama @ May 2 2008, 10:47 PM wrote:@Cat: get trackmk. Im not sure where to find it, look on RVA maybe. If you make track pieces that will solve your problems, there you go.
Get it from my RV Tool Shed

Posted: 08 May 2008, 04:29
Cat
about the tracmk: where i need to put the msstdfmt.dll?

Posted: 08 May 2008, 05:05
Manmountain
As I can see no such file in the archives I assume an error has occured stating the dll file name, yes ?

If so, what is the error message ?

Posted: 08 May 2008, 05:18
Cat
Manmountain @ May 8 2008, 12:35 AM wrote: As I can see no such file in the archives I assume an error has occured stating the dll file name, yes ?

If so, what is the error message ?
Run-time error 713

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed in your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.

That says. I have placed the .dll in the trackmk's folder

Posted: 08 May 2008, 05:25
Manmountain
So, you have the file already on your system but you now have placed a copy of it where TrackMK is ?

Does this solve the problem ?

Posted: 11 May 2008, 14:02
robenue
www.dllfiles.com

download the missing file from that site. It can really help.

Posted: 25 May 2008, 01:47
Cat
plz anybody can say me how to make trackmk working and in which folder i need to put the .dll file

Posted: 25 May 2008, 06:32
Dave-o-rama
i dont know about the .dll thing, but i can explain trackmk.

open up a command line in wherever you have trackmk.
example: C:/blahblahblah/wherever trackmk is/>

and start every command line with 'trackmk'
example: C:/blahblahblah/wherever trackmk is/> trackmk

then enter your commands. these are the ones trackmk understands, where # equals some number.
lots of stuff wrote:-x # (makes a pices # lego pieces long)
-l (makes a left turn, must be used with -9, -U, and -S)
-r (makes a right turn, used like -l)
-9 # (makes a 90 degree turn with # being the radius. For example: replacing # with 3 makes a 3x3 turn like the one in the editor.)
-U # (makes a u-turn with # being the radius of the U-turn in lego pieces. For example: replacing # with 4 would make the turn 4 pieces long.)
-S # (makes a shift going straight with # being how much the piece is shifted. you have to use -x as well as -l or -r for this one.)
-h # (gives your piece a height change of however high you want. this can be negative.)
-c # (works like -h, except it raises your track in the middle. it can make humps and dips.)
-w (makes the track double wide.)
-f (makes the track's walls half of their original size.)
-n (makes a track narrow.)
-o yourtrack(renames the track pieces to the name you supplied.)
now for some examples:
command line examples wrote:-x 3 -l -S 2 -o lshift2 (makes a left shift 2 pieces to the left.)
-r -9 3 -o 3x3 (makes a 3x3 turn like in the track editor.)
-x 5 -c 3 -w -o bighump (makes a double-wide track with a center rise in the middle.)
-l -U 6 -h 2 -n -o narrowu (makes a 6-unit wide uturn with a small height change and its narrow)
and now for a command line example:
C:/blahblahblah/wherever trackmk is/> trackmk -l -U 6 -h 2 -n -o narrowu

oh yeah, if you're gonna use trackmk with a lego track, you kinda have to know what you need before you start making pieces.

and that's how to use trackmk. whew... lots of typing.

If you wanna see trackmk. prmbend and other stuff used in a track, click this sentence to go to a track where you can see how to use stuff iin a lego track.

Now i'm done