Page 1 of 1
Posted: 31 Mar 2008, 07:32
Adamodell
I'm kind of irked at the Re-Volt community right now...

I look at cars and tracks from 2000-2003, and there are many excellent Extremes, and an overabundance of Original and Conversion cars, from people we currently know as "Re-Volt's Finest" (MM, you are included in this "group").

Now, we have hundreds of members popping in, making 80,000 repaints of the Toyeca, and no originality or skill is required.

I will admit, some of them definitely have potential...

Some of them don't though.

I'm not going to put down any names lol.

The only 2 people that I think really make GOOD Repaints, and make me not dread a new "repaint" car, are Rally Leggend Stiu (sic) and Aeon.

I have a feeling that I'll be the last great converter. The last great original maker will most likely be Alex Coombes, or Gaming4JC, who both try to push the envelope on what can be done. I also enjoy Zach's work, and hil9 keeps pumping out extremes like there's no tomorrow.

Alex Coombes is too "original" for my tastes actually... I don't think he has ever made a real car... He has a bunch of cool knick-knacks though.

I was going to teach Kalle553 to do conversions too. But he disappeared. I need to make sure I have some disciples before I leave this community.

Posted: 31 Mar 2008, 21:49
Aeon
The tutorials are easily available on Google even after you're gone, don't worry.

Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 21:50
Adamodell
Aeon @ Mar 31 2008, 05:19 PM wrote: The tutorials are easily available on Google even after you're gone, don't worry.
I know. But they freak and say "DIS IS TU COMPLUKATED!"

Posted: 07 Apr 2008, 02:00
Aeon
Adamodell @ Apr 6 2008, 08:20 AM wrote:
Aeon @ Mar 31 2008, 05:19 PM wrote: The tutorials are easily available on Google even after you're gone, don't worry.
If they're too dumb to figure out a simple tutorial what makes you think they'd make anything worth downloading?

Posted: 07 Apr 2008, 04:42
Adamodell
Aeon @ Apr 6 2008, 09:30 PM wrote:
Adamodell @ Apr 6 2008, 08:20 AM wrote:
If they're too dumb to figure out a simple tutorial what makes you think they'd make anything worth downloading?
Good point.