Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Feb 2008, 04:13
Aeon
@TheMeAndMe: I agree with you on your quality control point.

@Adamodell: The problem I have is that I don't just spend a day or two on a car, release it, and forget about it. Many of my cars have been updated upwards of 10 times, and some of them, like that notorious "Vanilla Ice" WRX STI, have probably been changed ~50 times because I'm constantly making little updates, corrections and change to the parameters, as well as occasional updates to the body and wheels.

I'm still at a loss for how I'm supposed to keep people up-to-date on my car's updates, but since I'm not all that convinced that anybody really cares, I don't think about it too much.

The latest changes are kind of neat though, since I incorporated a little bit of weight transfer into the friction values of the cars and, lowing their grip considerably, it makes their handling much more interesting - and the AI seems to be able to handle it, too!

Posted: 13 Feb 2008, 05:24
Dave-o-rama
...so your saying that you're not gonna update people on your car making day-by-day like adamodell????

Posted: 13 Feb 2008, 06:20
Adamodell
I'm on hiatus for a reason...

Quality control? Hmm, well I suppose some of my cars aren't of the highest quality, but I am an impatient person compared to most, and I'm not a perfectionist. But I've fixed most problems with the good ol' "Version 2".

Posted: 13 Feb 2008, 06:30
Adamodell
Oh, and to add to my downloads (off topic, I know :P ), I'm adding a CDI Self-Boot disc image of Re-Volt for DC (with music) to my site in a bit. It will be a good 500-600 megabytes, but I'm a rebel...

Just burn it with a program called BootDreams, and put it in the DC when you are done. No boot disc required. It is an NTSC-U disc image, and also, have fun, and play nice. No bashing of other members, either.

Posted: 15 Feb 2008, 04:07
Adamodell
[/thread]