Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Jan 2008, 14:07
robenue
Can someone please help me find out the right value?

Any help would be greatful.

Posted: 06 Jan 2008, 18:27
Adamodell
robenue @ Jan 6 2008, 09:37 AM wrote: Can someone please help me find out the right value?

Any help would be greatful.
I use 0.92 to 0.95 depending on what car I'm converting.

The Me and Me did use 0.88 though. I think you are just used to larger cars.

I would say 0.94 for you.

Posted: 07 Jan 2008, 06:36
robenue
thanks!

Posted: 18 Feb 2008, 04:05
Aeon
I find the dimensions of the car in real-life, find the typical ground clearance of the car, subtract the ground clearance from the car's height (since the height is measured from the ground), and then divide all of those values by 1.33 to get the Re-Volt value.

Then I make a copy of the car's body and shave off the mirrors and any other protruding parts which wouldn't be on a stock version of the car (huge spoiler, muffler, etc). After which I make a calculation for each of the x, y and z values of this modified body model:

Each value is 1 / model's current value * desired value

Then I run each of those values through rv-sizer, only I apply the changes to the unmodified car model so the mirrors and such are still there.

Doing it this way is so accurate that the wheelbase, front and rear tracks (divided by 1.33) often fit the models.

Posted: 23 Feb 2008, 18:03
Adamodell
Oddly enough, I just used 0.88 on my GTA3 Securicar conversion (from NFS4 BTW) that has yet to see the light of day.

I'm trying to stop the car from shaking viciously when stopped, but to no avail.

Posted: 25 Feb 2008, 04:15
Aeon
Adamodell @ Feb 23 2008, 04:33 AM wrote: I'm trying to stop the car from shaking viciously when stopped, but to no avail.
If you mean that the car is vibrating uncontrollably, you might try adjusting the wheel MaxPos, or adjusting the suspension settings.

Posted: 25 Feb 2008, 05:11
Adamodell
Aeon @ Feb 24 2008, 11:45 PM wrote:
Adamodell @ Feb 23 2008, 04:33 AM wrote: I'm trying to stop the car from shaking viciously when stopped, but to no avail.
If you mean that the car is vibrating uncontrollably, you might try adjusting the wheel MaxPos, or adjusting the suspension settings.
I got it fixed, I didn't release that Securicar until after I got it right.