Page 1 of 2
Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 05:09
Adamodell
This thread will now be for general discussion or requests of my cars.

I don't feel like updating this thread or it's Re-Volt Forum equivalent any more.

Click my banner and go to my site to see, or subscribe to my RSS feeds.

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:32
Adamodell
I go to school, then I come back, not ONE post in the Pub, or ONE more comment on RVZT from 7 hours ago.
And you tell me this community isn't slowing down?!

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 03:37
Aeon
Maybe there just isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. Not a whole lot new.

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 04:12
Adamodell
5 minutes between posts lol

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 04:22
Aeon
I actually visit this forum quite often, there just isn't really much to say here.

Actually I said everything I wanted to say in my rant about the AI. Its funny that when I first started with this game I thought the AI was so hard. I really like it when games come with variable AI settings, so when you're done with easy and normal is no longer a challenge, you can progress to Hard.

Like in F-Zero GX, you start with easy, which is nice for when you're learning. Then you progress to normal so that the AI is competitive. Once you've gotten good at the game, then there's hard mode so that the AI actually presents a challenge for an experienced player. Then when you've beaten everything on hard mode, it unlocks the secret 'Master' mode, where the AI is ultra-hard... Then when you've beaten the whole game on Master mode, its time to do it with a different car. But oh how much suckier it would be if there was only Normal mode.

At the moment I'm really searching for a way to supercharge the AI. Its just wrong that in a race with 12 cars, me in my Nissan Silvia S15, which frankly, sucks compared to some decent cars (Its only a $20,000 car, plus upgrades, after all). It just strikes me as wrong that I, in that car, can come in 3rd place in a race against 11 Aston Martin DB7 Vantages, some of which were tuned for better speed, acceleration and handling. Stupid AI.

The only way I can figure the AI being reasonably challenging is the way that I intended to play the game myself, once I'm done painting 28 cars. I want to replace all of the default cars with customized, heavily tuned versions of the stock cars that I'm using now, while I would simply drive a stock version myself, and customize it little by little as the other cars become more challenging. A stock Honda Prelude (186 bhp) versus a tuned Honda Prelude (380 bhp) is the only way that the AI has a chance. And since most of the time, the AI drives extra bad when the cars have poor handling, most of my upgrades will have to be focused on giving the tuned cars better grip and such.

... I just can't stand it when they crash into something and spend 10 freakin' seconds getting back on course! When I crash into something that's hard to recover from, I hit the relocate button ASAP!

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 04:40
Aeon
The other thing that frustrates me is the tracks for Re-Volt. Not that they're bad or anything, I mean, they're mostly fine for the generic Re-Volt cars. But none of them are very suitable for the cars I've made. Museum 1, Toy World 2 and West World 2 are the best. I love Toy World 2 because the height changes are awesome. I really wish other people would mimic that kind of flow in their tracks. The height changes are smooth, gradual, and constant.

Most Re-Volt tracks use flat areas, followed by sudden, steep height changes. Ramps, in other words. You'll rarely if ever see a road that does that in real life. When the road has sudden height changes like that, it creates bad flow. Boo. When the height changes are gradual and constant, it makes handling the car more challenging, because you can never be quite sure how your car is going to respond with the angle of the track surface. It might slide out, and you have to be prepared to regain control as quickly as possible. Plus it feels good to drive on. I love the part in Helios/Lunar right after the steps where the pathway just waves up and down, its awesome. And Hilaire's gold course track has nice flow too (it just needs a road to follow...)

But the biggest problem I've had is that, in order to decrease acceleration of my cars (in order to make a long run without crashing into stuff more meaningful because you gain progressively more speed), I've had to decrease their power. That means, though, that they simply can't make it up the sharp inclines on a lot of tracks. But then, few cars in real-life which are designed to be driven on a road could make it up those inclines anyway.

Its mostly just my taste. As Skitch2 said I should probably just go play a racing game that's designed to mimic real life cars instead. But then, that wouldn't encourage more posts here, would it?

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 05:45
Adamodell
Yeah, those smooth transitions are awesome, especially the little alleyways on Helios, like you said.
Cars of any kind handle better on smooth roads. Even Revolectrix counts.
I'm also amazed that nobody has attempted to convert Gran Turismo 2 cars. It is possible, you just have to make new textures and UV map it.
Then again, almost every GT2 car has been re-created for NFS4 by Ryuji Kainoh.

You also have to remember that it is easier to model AND map a flat polygon, instead of mapping about 100 just for a smooth transition, people are just lazy, but if I ever get into track making (like never) I WILL make a track like that.

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 06:57
revoltkid
every car that you convert...
i download it
i love your cars
i am working and working on conversions
but it NEVER seems to work
i will email u one if it is ok
but i want it to be resized

Posted: 18 Nov 2007, 02:06
Aeon
Me in my 186 HP Honda Prelude, versus 7 "tuned" 380 HP Honda Preludes... I was about to fall asleep as the guy in 2nd was about 14 seconds behind me. And these are on extreme tracks with decent AI lines.

Posted: 18 Nov 2007, 04:04
Adamodell
Hilarious.
I think I will update this thread on the first post to keep everything organized.
I have a version 2 of my really old Lamborghini Diablo upstairs on my even weaker PC.
I'll finish it up there or bring it down here.

Posted: 18 Nov 2007, 09:37
Adamodell
New car (beta) added.
This is just pretty much a bump.

Posted: 18 Nov 2007, 20:10
Adamodell
Diablo updated to final. I'm sending it in to RVZT as I speak.

Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 03:53
Adamodell
DeLorean v2 added and sent in to RVZT!

Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 08:45
Adamodell
Bumped if anybody didn't know of 3 week old updates... :rolleyes:

Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 13:40
Aeon
Does your updated Diablo have anything that my Midnight Diablo doesn't have? (And incidentally my current version has transparent windows instead of deleted ones.)

BTW your Diablo pic up there does a pretty good job of making the car look appealing.

Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 18:31
Adamodell
I actually did everything myself, but when I was done, I was like, "Man, this looks a little too much like Midnight", but I released it anyway.

That Diablo pic was just luck, I thought I'd rather take a picture on a track than on the good ol' ugly frontend.

I'll try harder to make better pictures though.

Oddly enough, I couldn't top that Diablo picture with that DeLorean picture, but then again, like you said, they're ugly (or at least ugly in comparison to the mighty Diablo)!

I'm going to update my links up there to make more sense.

Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 18:57
Adamodell
You remember that Cizeta Moroder V16T that I was supposed to convert?
I need to finish that.

Posted: 01 Dec 2007, 04:54
Adamodell
Ok, do I have to release 500 new cars to speed up this place?

It's been like 3 days, no posts!

Aeon don't count, I know he checks in a lot, but there is nothing to post.

Oh, and to all people that own an Xbox 360, they just released a backwards compatibility update.

Posted: 01 Dec 2007, 23:56
Aeon
I'm too busy programming my happy little space 4X game. But don't tell anybody I told you that, it'll ruin my motivation!

Posted: 17 Dec 2007, 02:17
Adamodell
I'll have a car out for Christmas at least :P

Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 06:53
Adamodell
I am almost finished with a DeTomaso Mangusta (with like 5 custom colors) and it has some unique muscle/classic car handling.

Expect it to be released tomorrow at the latest.

Merry or Happy whatever the hell you celebrate.

Tomorrow is my last day of school until the 2nd of January.

Hope you like my new car when it comes out (it has been a month since my last released car)!

Posted: 21 Dec 2007, 08:09
Adamodell
Mangusta added.

Posted: 23 Dec 2007, 02:03
Adamodell
Do I have to bump?

Thinking of updating my site again, as always

www.freewebs.com/adamodell

Site now updated.

I'm not sure if I'll still use this topic to release cars outside of RVZT any more.
As you can just get them on my site again.

And Manmountain, happy holidays.

Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 03:28
Adamodell
Almost finished with that Cizeta-Moroder V16T that I never finished...

Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 06:22
Adamodell
Cizeta done. On RVZT now...

Posted: 31 Dec 2007, 10:16
Adamodell
All cars on RVZT, and I updated the car list again!

Posted: 31 Dec 2007, 12:12
Aeon
For all the photographic goodness, it sure is hard to make that Puma look good!

Posted: 01 Jan 2008, 02:31
Adamodell
Aeon @ Dec 31 2007, 07:42 AM wrote: For all the photographic goodness, it sure is hard to make that Puma look good!
But it drives good.

It is like the only car that I can get first place with on PetroVolt.

It's really nimble, smaller than version 1, and it grips the road satisfyingly (rather than not).

And I made it top out a 39-40 mph so it ain't going too fast.

Posted: 01 Jan 2008, 03:12
Aeon
I'm working on a tuned up Puma with a cool body kit which, hopefully, makes it look good! *gasp*. It, however, cranks out 253 bhp at the front wheels pushing this feisty little car to a whopping 25.5 mph! (Okay, its 128 mph in realistic terms.) At least now it can sort of keep up with the Evo and the STI... the un-tuned versions, that is.

Posted: 02 Jan 2008, 02:31
Adamodell
Added a car.

Posted: 06 Jan 2008, 08:13
Adamodell
Added a version 2.

Posted: 06 Jan 2008, 18:39
Adamodell
And it doesn't just come in green.

It also comes in blue, silver (listed as grey), black, orange, yellow, red (rot-red), and some others that I'm missing.

Also I noticed that I prefer the British spelling of grey/gray.

Posted: 19 Jan 2008, 23:11
Adamodell
Car added, car removed, picture limit on post.

Posted: 20 Jan 2008, 06:20
Aeon
Heh, that screenshot makes it look like your S351 has a really huge, ugly antenna! :)

Posted: 20 Jan 2008, 07:28
Adamodell
I see it now, lol.

I should really double-check the pictures I take.

Don't ask me why I have the offset of the body 0.45 to the left on this car (as RVCenter takes care of that so you can have a 0 offset).

I will tell you why:

This car was incorrectly modeled by Ryuji, with the right mirror protruding out further than the left mirror, which made RVCenter center it by those positions, making the car off a little bit to the left RVCentered. I tried protruding the short one, and or smashing the long mirror, but nah, it's just not my style.

Really, open this PRM up in ZModeler. This car isn't 100% symmetrical, and RVCenter screwed up its positioning because of it.

Oh, I'm also archiving all of RiffRaff's cars on my site (same for Robenue) so check the RiffRaff Memoriam (link on left pane of my site) and see if you have any RiffRaff cars that aren't on my site.

Posted: 22 Jan 2008, 05:56
Adamodell
Final version is out...

Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 07:37
Adamodell
WHERE IS EVERYBODY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 09:49
robenue
adam??? I already told this is worse then ghost town..

Posted: 24 Jan 2008, 03:56
Manmountain
Adamodell @ Jan 23 2008, 03:07 AM wrote:WHERE IS EVERYBODY! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well.. hmm??
I'm right here, you are over there and they are all somewhere else. :D

Posted: 26 Jan 2008, 07:27
Adamodell
Added Sentinel to top, and sent it in to RVZT.

Posted: 23 Feb 2008, 21:17
Adamodell
GTA3 Securicar added and sent in to RVZT.

Posted: 20 Mar 2008, 05:13
Adamodell
Esperanto added, and sent to RVZT, as always :P

Posted: 20 Mar 2008, 09:03
Adamodell
My site for some reason is down, right now, anyway.

Posted: 21 Mar 2008, 02:06
Adamodell
My site currently isn't working. Use the links from RVZT to get my cars. Search "Adamodell" in the cars box at RVZT too...

Also, my two newest cars, you are going to have to wait for at RVZT until I get this problemo sorted out.

My two newest cars are the GTA3 Esperanto, and the GTA3 Idaho, the first of which made it on my site only an hour after it went down.

I'll add the RVZT links when they are upped. I'll also add the known links for my two new cars for my site before it is up, obviously the links won't work until the site is back on-line.

Thanks for your patience.

Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 09:30
Adamodell
Two newest cars at RVZT, use RVZT links for all of my cars at the moment.

Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 01:47
Adamodell
Alfa Romeo added. You'll have to use the RVZT link.

Posted: 30 Mar 2008, 09:28
Adamodell
Added a sweet 'stang. Submitted to RVZT.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 02:23
Adamodell
Added a sexy little Ford Focus.

Posted: 04 May 2008, 05:06
Adamodell
While this thread dies, an updated car is added.

Posted: 04 May 2008, 20:22
Adamodell
Added two updated cars.