Page 1 of 1
Posted: 15 Nov 2007, 11:29
Aeon
I'd love to have a track or something where the purpose is to start the race, assign your view to one of the tracks' cameras (positioned at a key angle), and have it focus on the car I'm driving so that I can get a good shot of that car at the same angle in the same position every time.

For some reason I really want all of my cars to have the same exact perspective in their preview image - and frankly the car selection screen's version with a shiny wood floor, boxes in the background and a poor angle doesn't cut it.

You see the angle of my car over there:
<---

I want that angle for all of my cars.

Posted: 15 Nov 2007, 22:03
GWC
Aeon, you don't need to start a race. Use MAKEITGOOD and 'nothing to see here'. Start a 2-car race, let the other car go off into the distance, drive your car to a suitable spot, press f6 and use the remote camera as you would a 1-shot still camera - 'walk' round the car with it and take it from various viewpoints, saving those you like with 'print screen'.

If you make your track all white (256,256) and have 1 of the more advanced photo progs (GIMP should be OK),it is quite easy to create a mask and drop in the background of your choice.

Geoff

Posted: 17 Nov 2007, 13:49
Aeon
I already use MAKEITGOOD + F6 to get my car shots. I'd thought about using an all-white track to make a cutout, but how would you preserve the shadow of the car?