Page 1 of 1
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 01:44
Adamodell
Through some trial n' error, I just got my Honda Accord LX up and running in the DC version of Re-Volt.

Here's a little tutorial, I'll put it on my site in time!

How to convert a PC Re-Volt car to DC:

Also you might need a boot disc, if you don't know how to make a self-boot DC disc.
1. Make sure it is low poly (1500 and lower works)
2. Have an image of the game
3. Have an image editor that you can edit the image directly
4. You need to convert the bmp to the DC PVR format with a plugin for Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro...
5. Download the plugin HERE, and drop it in your program's (Photoshop or PSP) plugins directory.
6. Convert it to PVR with options "VQ3" for "Texture", "Pixel Format" set to "ARGB 1555", and "Mipmap" "off". Also uncheck all boxes below that. (Dither might work, not sure as of yet)
7. Pick a stock car to replace (I use Mystery, the Q Folder), and you have to edit the params to direct to this folder...
8. Copy all files of the car except bmp (PVR instead, der!), you don't need the ReadMe's, and make sure all files are correct. I capitalized all files, but that shouldn't affect anything.
9. IMPORTANT There is a file called "CARINFO.TXT" in the INIT folder that is ALL of the cars in the game's params in ONE text file. For some reason, the game actually loads all parameters from this file, and not the "PARAMETERS.TXT" files. So you have to edit CARINFO for the car's folder that you are using. I have to edit the Mystery parameters that are inside CARINFO with a simple copy and paste job.
10. BURN IT! with your favorite burning program, you will need a boot disc, I don't know where, check the torrent networks.

Ask questions, and I'll answer the best that I can ;)

Oh, and the PVR should be roughly ~19 kilobytes.
I'm not a good tutorialist, so if your not sure about something, just ask!

Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 05:08
robenue
Incredible adam!

Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 05:12
Adamodell
It's quite confusing.

Posted: 03 Jan 2008, 11:34
robenue
Now.. i want to know if i can convert TEXTURE.BIN 2 .BMP and a PRM2PSM.. Im extracting from the Playstation version.

Posted: 04 Jan 2008, 06:18
Adamodell
robenue @ Jan 3 2008, 07:04 AM wrote: Now.. i want to know if i can convert TEXTURE.BIN 2 .BMP and a PRM2PSM.. Im extracting from the Playstation version.
Don't think so.