Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 03:44
Aeon
I borrowed that game from somebody because I was curious how cars drive in a game that's designed to emulate real-life cars. I don't know what the general consensus is on how realistic that particular game is, but it seemed better than Re-Volt. :P

A couple of things that struck me is that, man, those cars seem slow. At least when you view them from a distance (they're a little faster in first-person). Compared to those cars, the cars in Re-Volt are going like 300+ mph and probably have 10 times the horsepower. Assuming they were all the same size anyway.

Second, I've noticed that those cars slide a whole lot more than any Re-Volt cars I've ever raced with. I had pretty much concluded that sliding like that couldn't be done in Re-Volt, since I'd never seen it before, but just today I noticed that if you crank down the tire grip variables considerably (to around 1000-5000), you get cars that are much more interested in sliding around controllably.

I modified my STI and Lancer to reflect those changes, reduced their engine power by half (to give them more realistic acceleration), and reduced their tire friction by half (so you don't change direction so uncontrollably). They're really only suitable for tracks with shallow height changes, but I'm curious what other people think of the way they drive. Now I just need to send them in.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of slow cars that are a challenge to drive instead of unreasonably fast cars that have perfect control.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 05:42
Kaki
i would like some classic japanese cars with drifting abilites in re-volt

something like the old skyline adamodell converted or a 1970s celica

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 05:49
Adamodell
New topic! YAAAYY!

NFS HP2 isn't really known for "realistic handling".
Maybe you should play Gran Turismo (not TOUrismo) or Forza Motorsport, or maybe some other PC type racing sims.

I try to make my cars fast, but I don't know how to make the handling "correct" if you know what I mean.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 06:30
Aeon
NFS:HP2 is readily accessible, and its probably more realistic than Re-Volt, so... I don't have any other racing games available and I'm not going to pay money for them.

Anyway, I like driving my slippery cars now, but the AI really doesn't understand how to deal with them. At the moment, I only have two cars setup for this, and the "other" car likes to drive around like its trying to make circles on the lawn. I'm wondering if there's any way to fix the AI for the car to make it handle slipperiness better?

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 06:39
robenue
I've got the game, And i think you can import into 1.07b. correct?

but anyway most cars made for game are highly detailed and I don't think there is a util that can open hp2 cars to be xtracted for .tga

I wonder how it can be done? :unsure:

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 07:23
Aeon
I'm not remotely interested in converting HP2 cars to Re-Volt. I'm only interested in making Re-Volt cars perform more realistically like real-life cars.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 07:51
Adamodell
Anyway, there are already many HP2 to NFS4 conversions that you can base it off of anyway.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007, 07:56
Kaki
i think hot pursuit 2 is an arcade racer so it's not all that realistic