Page 1 of 1
Posted: 31 Aug 2005, 20:59
Manmountain
While on vacation (Primrose Valley, Filey, UK) my son found the arcade version of Re-Volt,

The cost was £1.00 per race/track. If you won the race you had a limited time to deposit more money to enable you to drive in the next race.
The tracks I could recognize were, Toys in the Hood1, Museum 2, Toy World2, Venice(by Gabor Vaga) then there was a Toytanic1 but the circuit looked like a simple basic loop, also a Super Market track. There was another track I did not recognize.

The AI cars were the same but the car that you chose bacame blue tinted.

I have visited the site shown but goto a Domain hosting page and get this message :
This domain name expired on 07/28/05 and is pending renewal or deletion.

You see, even on holiday I can't escape Re-Volt. ;)

Posted: 01 Sep 2005, 00:00
TheMeandMe
hmm quite interesting they actually released this.
i remember when they asked for permission and help with this and all.
like back in the day.

Posted: 03 Sep 2005, 20:53
arto
It would surely be nice to try that arcade version... but what a rip-off if you have to put in money even if you place as first! For a first place you should get to drive for free the next track.

Oh well, I'm going to keep a look if one of those pops up somewhere around here. Nice catch Manmountain.

Posted: 05 Sep 2005, 04:44
Manmountain
arto @ Sep 3 2005, 04:23 PM wrote: but what a rip-off if you have to put in money even if you place as first! For a first place you should get to drive for free the next track.
My thoughts exactly.
Considering I only paid £3.99 for the PC game in the first place. :rolleyes:

Posted: 08 Sep 2005, 04:23
darksabre
Look here : TVT

Posted: 10 Oct 2005, 01:50
Wint
A related arcade link: http://www.amuport.com/index.php?ids=583

Also, here is an interesting tidbit from the resumé site of a programmer who worked on the re-volt arcade machine. http://www.prisonerofthemind.org/~karnlund/

He writes:

- Convert licensed PC title to run on our six degree of freedom motion platform for Arcades.
- Revolt codebase was entirely C.
- Used mod community to figure out how to import our own models and levels.
- Created a checkpoint system both code and 3D models.
- Created a barrier models to guide the player and reduce un-fun collisions with the environment.

- Created a junkyard race-track level models, and textures, in 3D Studio Max entirely from scratch.
- Improved texture system to support more textures for the various "extra" features I had added above.
- Created force feedback steering wheel effects and code.
- Created/Recorded and added to the game various voice-over sounds and sound effects (general audio engineering).

Posted: 31 Oct 2005, 08:51
Jip
hehe a most cool find Mm, and I reckon arto could work out a way of plugging it into a phone line too if he's lucky enough to pick one up. ;)