Page 1 of 1
Posted: 31 Aug 2007, 05:29
zagames
I spent some time trying to make a forum that would work with several other websites in a type of network. The ZackAttackGames - ReVolt forum was created to allow the user more options in a re-volt only forum. It had many more areas in the database, points, teams, ranks, etc., that you can't find in any pre-made forums. This forum was also designed to share a single member database with other websites, to community members wouldn't have to re-register at each website. After completing the forum, I left it open to the public to play around if they wanted to, but noone seemed to be interested. If would support the creation of this new, fully customizable forum, please let me know in this thread. My goal was to create a single community forum and remove as many of the others as we can, but keeping many of the old posts, as well as the same moderators and administrators. Basically just combining everything into a single forum. http://revolt.zackattackgames.com/?page=forum To check it out. Please tell me any suggestions, problems, etc. I want to help the community, if you think I'm pulling it apart, please let me know why you think so. It takes everyone in a community to be a well working community. FYI: benvoliosaythat has already agreed, if we move through with this plan, he will slowly shut down the RVR forum, but link the RVR to the new forum member database. Once again, thank you for your input.

Zach
http://revolt.zackattackgames.com/?page=forum

Posted: 31 Aug 2007, 07:31
nuclearhythmics
are you a communist? i like diverse forums and see no problem with several concurrent forums allowing linking between them (i advocate no limits on linking lol). Thank you for all the work you've done for the community, I'll be checking out your forum.

Posted: 31 Aug 2007, 21:22
Manmountain
The 'ONE STOP SHOP' idea is not new, and as yet not been acheived.

Check out this thread : Rvhouse & Gamespy, We are killing themselves?

It covers a lot of the issues and points of view of having one site for everything.
The main point is the advertising for search engine usage, will anyone be able to find us with a simple web site search on various search engines.

Also, some other community members may not want to give up thier own little strong hold.

Posted: 01 Sep 2007, 02:15
human
i just dont really know why would be necessary to have a lot of forums for a small community. i would rather read four post a day on one forum than four on two different forums, two on each of them and by the same people. but im ok to read more than one forum as far as the number of forums is less than the number of users :P

Posted: 02 Sep 2007, 16:40
toy soldier and X-mouse
i think it's a really good idea. we should have something like that.
would be cool to have 1 forum and 1 download site with everything.

Posted: 05 Sep 2007, 03:10
Killer Wheels
Well, I think that's a good idea. I think you'll can make this forum a common place but you'll simply can't collapse all forums, because there are some non-english forums... :rolleyes:
Try to do as best as possible. You've done a big job there. ;)

Posted: 06 Sep 2007, 02:10
Dave-o-rama
nuclearhythmics @ Aug 31 2007, 03:01 AM wrote: are you a communist? i like diverse forums and see no problem with several concurrent forums allowing linking between them (i advocate no limits on linking lol). Thank you for all the work you've done for the community, I'll be checking out your forum.
THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE I CAN AGREE WITH! :P