Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Aug 2007, 12:20
Aeon
Okay, so you've got your favorite car. You know your favorite car very well, familiar with all the tricks that make it go faster, and of course, you always win. Even when the AI has faster cars, you always win. Its too easy for you!

So here's an alternative way to race:

When you start your race, you have a minimum of 4 cars. You can have more if you want though. There's several ways you can do this. We'll start with the 4 car setup.

You and your team mate - the car immediately in front of you - are working together. The opponents are the other two cars. At the end of the race, your score is the finishing position of your car and your team mate's car added together. Likewise, the other team's score is their positions added together. The winner, of course, has the highest score.

So this complicates things. Sure, you're fast. You can win first every time - but your team mate probably can't. Which means that you'll have to drop back and work on taking out the opponent's cars so that your team mate will be sure to pull first or second with you. Often this'll mean you'll be the one trailing in second, taking out any opponents that start to catch up to your team mate - but sometimes you're the one in second trying to catch up and take out the guy in the first.

The alternative would be to have more than 4 cars, in which case you'll have to have an even number, and you'll probably have to keep track of which cars are on which teams (get a good look at them at the starting grid, maybe write them down). You'll have a lot more cars to deal with this way, so the version you want to race is up to you.

I raced two races like this the other night, one at RV Temple and the other at Holiday Camp. Both with me, driving Mark 4, and my team mate, driving Vulcan's Forge, attempting to deal with the onslaught of other cars. I spent most of the time trailing behind Vulcan's Forge making sure that he stayed in the lead, except in RV Temple where I had to rush behind the leading V12 Vanquish (fastest car in my version) and try and take him out.

Either way, it was pretty intense, so I thought I'd share the idea with you all.

Posted: 14 Aug 2007, 12:40
re-volt hustler
Not bad at all B)
That brings a demension to revolt :)
Is the teamracing in a regular every man for them self race?

Posted: 14 Aug 2007, 19:41
Dave-o-rama
i like this idea :)
it'll give a little extra kick this game could use now and then ;)