Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Aug 2007, 07:12
robenue
Ok. I got informed that Zmodler 1.07b crashes on XP.. I was woundering if anyone has made a patch or wat ever. BUT thats not my question right now. My question is when I finish making a model and export it as a re-volt mesh ( .prm) Zmodler tells me that the model has unknown level of detail. Can some help me on this....

cheers.'

Robenue

Posted: 10 Aug 2007, 10:28
Iron Bob
The reason zmodeler does that is because Revolt PRM's don't use level of detail. What "level of detail" means is in alot of the newer 3D games they decrease the number of polygons in a model as it's distance from the view screen increases. By doing this they can make a scene look much more detailed. In games like Flatout for example the model creator/editor can preset which polygons get removed at each level of detail. In Revolt The level of detail kind of comes in the form of the texture map. That is why there is a BMP and a BMQ for most textures in Revolt. So when Zmodeler says that, you can basically ignore it.

Posted: 12 Aug 2007, 13:36
robenue
Yeah, but my model does not get made. And d i solve it by make BMQ and BMP?

Posted: 13 Aug 2007, 06:08
Adamodell
1. make it one object.
2. it has to have a 0 at the end.
3. Here's a tutorial that makes more sense
http://rva.sportplanet.gamespy.com/tuts ... nvert.html

BMQ's are half-res textures used alongside their bmp counterparts.

Rename a bmq to bmp and you can load it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. B)

Posted: 14 Aug 2007, 13:01
robenue
Ok, Thanks! Finally someone has helped me, thx guys. adm... I have trouble spelling your name.. but your conversions are great! One question.. Did you make cars on nfscars.net?

Posted: 17 Aug 2007, 04:18
Adamodell
No, I only convert the cars.

Posted: 17 Aug 2007, 15:21
robenue_karzia
Have you had any problem with the car shadow? Because mine are ahead of car BODY....

Posted: 17 Aug 2007, 15:23
robenue
Yup, sorry I somehow remembered my password for that account... anyway, my question is still a mystery... please help me adamodell! (if you can)

Posted: 18 Aug 2007, 06:23
robenue
I have uploaded the car

Posted: 19 Aug 2007, 05:24
Adamodell
Interesting.... :lol:

Posted: 19 Aug 2007, 15:49
robenue
Could you HELP me please please!!!!

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 01:52
Adamodell
...With what? <_<

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 06:49
Iron Bob
Have you had any problem with the car shadow? Because mine are ahead of car BODY....
I haven't looked at your car. But I can tell you that this problem usually happens when the grip point for the body is not on the bottom, directly beween the wheels wells.

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 15:32
robenue
Well first thx Iron Bob. But adamodel I mean help me as in how you convert so well with the shadow, how do you get it right. If you don't want to then don't bother, becuz i can tell you really are agaist me! :( Pretty much, just do wat u want don't get ur self a bad rep. If people say this comunity is a nice one. Then don't mess it up!

//God, I feel left out.

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 20:25
Aeon
Didn't I already tell you how to fix this problem in your car's comments?

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 01:26
Adamodell
... I'm not against you. :o
It's just a b@t&#036;ch to explain.

You just kinda have to learn from trial n' error. :(

Posted: 21 Aug 2007, 05:01
robenue
Kool, thats great, I agree

Posted: 22 Aug 2007, 09:25
Kaki
Is converting possible with hot pursuit 2?

Posted: 23 Aug 2007, 00:49
Adamodell
Maybe. Best bet would to be converting a car that was converted from Hot pursuit 2 to High Stakes. Then you could convert that to Re-Volt.

Here is a NFS6 to NFS4 to Re-Volt conversion.

Somebody else (Viper) converted to NFS4.

I converted it to Re-Volt.

Click Here :)

Posted: 23 Aug 2007, 07:26
robenue
Yeah, Viper's cars are great... ;) I loved his G35!!! Could you convert that adamodell?

Posted: 11 Sep 2007, 04:19
Adamodell
That's pretty highpoly, Maybe when I have time.