Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 Aug 2005, 06:51
Bombooji
Hi, Ive just joined here so a big hi to everyone. :P

Right, now for the prob. I have Revolt (Version 1.00) and have d'loaded the update patch 1207, but as its a zip file and not an executable I aint got a clue how I am supposed to update my game. I dont actually know if I need the game to be up to date to play online with u ppl (which after playing this great game in single player for ages is something im just itching to do) but I thought it would be best anyway. Also I had some probs when trying to join someones game on gamespy (something about being unable to do some check or other) its all a bit bewildering and I am hoping some friendly ppl here can help me coz i really want to get into designing tracks and racing u lot on some of yours.

Many Thanks,
Bombooji :ph43r:

Posted: 22 Aug 2005, 11:33
Skitch2
Hi and welcome to our comunity!!

OK I think this is what most of us do: Dld the 0916 patch first and extract that zip into your RV dir, once done open the patch and itll update your RV to ver 110.

Next dld the 1207 patch zip and extract its files into your RV dir also, this will update your RV to the latest ver, ( you will not need the CD to play once done but you will loose the music in game).

I use winamp to play music while RV is running anyway so I am not too bothered about the RV music.

I am not too sure if you can run RV online withought the patches as I am a Track maker not a racer (I can't drive for toffee)

Hope this sorts you out.

Have fun and talk to you soon.
Mike.....

Posted: 22 Aug 2005, 17:05
arto
Right, now for the prob. I have Revolt (Version 1.00) and have d'loaded the update patch 1207, but as its a zip file and not an executable I aint got a clue how I am supposed to update my game.
ZIP is a packet for (possibly) several files. So you need a program that can extract the files (including the executable) from the packet. For ZIP files the most popular is winzip, obtainable from here:

http://www.winzip.com

Once you've installed the program you can open the ZIP file and extract the executable contained with in. Just overwrite the old Re-Volt executable with the one in the ZIP. But be aware that once you do that, you won't be needing the original RV CD to load the game, nor will the music of the game work (since they come from the CD).
I dont actually know if I need the game to be up to date to play online with u ppl
You don't need to have the game updated to the 1207 version to play the game online. The regular version works just fine. You can host normal stock track races, and you can join normal races as well races with custom tracks. If you want to host races in custom tracks you however need to update.
Also I had some probs when trying to join someones game on gamespy (something about being unable to do some check or other)
Don't know what that is, but I'm suspecting it might be firewall / router problems. You might need to open some ports in your firewall so that RV can connect to the other players.