Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Jul 2007, 22:19
Skitch2
OK I just need to know how many of you out there have the use of MAx?

We seem to still have a fair amount of members in and around RV but we are not seeing much in the way of extreme tracks comming through.

I know, "Tutorial" I hear you shout, but i say why are you all in so much need of tutorials when getting in max and playing about is all you realy need. Ask questions in here or on my forum like i did when i started. It aint as hard as it seems.

Just let me know how many max owners there are around and ill see what i can do to help in making more extreme tracks.

Posted: 26 Jul 2007, 22:55
zagames
I do. But I have a problem. I start so many tracks, and lose interest half-way through and start a new one. I guess if I just had the patience to follow through, there would be a lot more tracks coming through. Maybe we need more people willing to work together as teams. That way, people could work on half a track, and someone else could finish it. Both people have a chance, and it doesn't overload either one. Later,
Zach

Posted: 27 Jul 2007, 00:55
Skitch2
Having your interest level drop means that the project wasnt good enough dood.

I have loads that are unfinished and they will stay that way but the ones that are good , keep me in max for 18 hours at a time because i am enjoying the track that much, so it is good to keep making them even if they are not finished because eventually the ONE will arive.
Collaborating on tracks is good in thought but not as easy to implement as you think because of conflicting ideas and creation styles. I have my own way of doing things in max so it wouldnt suit me to work with others.

Posted: 27 Jul 2007, 19:46
hilaire9
I've been learning Max 5 for about 2 months and have made two tracks so far (both posted at Arto's site). I found it's like anything else, it's just a matter of jumping in and teaching yourself. The ASE Tools documentation about Setting up the Material Editor is very useful, as is the Help that comes with Max. Trial and error and learning as you go
might be the best way to learn Max as there are many ways to do the same thing.

Posted: 27 Jul 2007, 19:47
Alex
I'm the same as Zach...

Posted: 28 Jul 2007, 03:33
Skitch2
Hi Hil

I have all your work dood and love all you create. I am well impressed at your max skills so far and i think we will be getting many many tracks over the next few months knowing you :)

I am trying to get back into it a bit more now and i am at the mo in max doing a re do of fools mate as i now have the skills to create it as intended all them years ago.

It is amazing what you can pick up by asking quezzies in here and just by clicking on things in max so i am suprised by the lack of max users in our community.

Anyway i will always be pratting about with this game as it gives me a chance every once in a while to do some art that dont get my fingers lagged with paint ,pastels and the like hehe.

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 03:14
re-volt hustler
i do

Proud owner of Vista home premium.

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 20:40
Dave-o-rama
i dont have max, but im just curious, how do you guys get max anyway?

Posted: 31 Jul 2007, 23:35
re-volt hustler
u buy it online for like $900 or illegally DL it.

Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 02:20
Skitch2
Lets be honest here. How many of you out there have the dosh, Wanga, loot or what ever you call cash to spend on a copy of MAX????

Yea just as i thought lol.

I have had ripped copies of it since 3DS Max 3.0 (Fudge me has it been that long for editing RV?)

Now its up to max 8. On another note... Companies probably dont mind that much anyway because it is a sure fire way to recrute Max experienced users into the industry, coz lets face it, the guys who use it for game modding are self taught and it saves the system alot of training and brings out the artists, this saves them time and money.

If I have any law suits filed against me i will deny all knowlege of this post lol.

I am against Piracy on film up to a point as i think it destroys the cinema experience, but when software like "Max" has a price tag just for the rich, I say Rip it, as it is the only way us working class people can use the tools that allow there art to be expressed.

Posted: 01 Aug 2007, 06:11
re-volt hustler
You know you have to be "rich" to fully experience all the tools anyway(like me).

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 02:13
Dave-o-rama
re-volt hustler @ Jul 31 2007, 07:05 PM wrote: u buy it online for like $900 or illegally DL it.
dang... and nobody can just spend $900 liek that... where's the site that you illegally DL'ed it?

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 03:37
Aylown
Hail Lord Emule for you Dave ;)

Posted: 06 Aug 2007, 09:18
APM
Yes, I'm with Alex and Co.
I start excellent projects, but then I hit a roadblock or simply get too bored to continue or I get distracted, and I don't have the patience or attention span to continue.

Posted: 21 Sep 2007, 17:07
Adamodell
Skitch2 @ Jul 31 2007, 09:50 PM wrote: Lets be honest here. How many of you out there have the dosh, Wanga, loot or what ever you call cash to spend on a copy of MAX????

Yea just as i thought lol.

I have had ripped copies of it since 3DS Max 3.0 (Fudge me has it been that long for editing RV?)

Now its up to max 8. On another note... Companies probably dont mind that much anyway because it is a sure fire way to recrute Max experienced users into the industry, coz lets face it, the guys who use it for game modding are self taught and it saves the system alot of training and brings out the artists, this saves them time and money.

If I have any law suits filed against me i will deny all knowlege of this post lol.

I am against Piracy on film up to a point as i think it destroys the cinema experience, but when software like "Max" has a price tag just for the rich, I say Rip it, as it is the only way us working class people can use the tools that allow there art to be expressed.
I'm downloading 3DS Max 8, I'm going to see what I can do...

Posted: 23 Sep 2007, 23:06
Dave-o-rama
Aylown @ Aug 4 2007, 11:07 PM wrote: Hail Lord Emule for you Dave ;)
yay! uh... wtf is emule?

Posted: 23 Sep 2007, 23:16
Kaki
Dave-o-rama @ Sep 23 2007, 06:36 PM wrote:
Aylown @ Aug 4 2007, 11:07 PM wrote: Hail Lord Emule for you Dave ;)
yay! uh... wtf is emule?
a p2p program

Posted: 23 Sep 2007, 23:23
Dave-o-rama
sweet... another reason to get internet back.

Posted: 23 Sep 2007, 23:31
Adamodell
It's like 2 Gigabytes, so I'd say go with DSL! :lol: