Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:13
gel_lr34
I posted this on the RVZT news page, (which btw thanks arto:P) I'm running windows vista and when i fire up RV, it goes thru the BMP's and load screen, but when it gets to the game it says 'can't flip display' or something like that.

I've download the patches and such.

I'm dying to play RV again, please help me!

Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 13:13
gel_lr34
Eh Come on. ...and before anyone says it. I'm not going to the RRR forum to sign up and ask. This forum's perfectly find. Just need an answer.

Posted: 02 Aug 2007, 16:46
hilaire9
Can't you put the revolt.exe in win98 Compatibilty mode
with Vista?

Posted: 03 Aug 2007, 00:32
re-volt hustler
I got that same problem, but I vista and xp on mine. tho I do have a problem with time trials.

Posted: 03 Aug 2007, 13:27
gel_lr34
No hil, I tried compatiability mode in both 98 and XP....neither words. Says it cant switch display modes(or whatever it is i typed up there) No idea what the problem is. Maybe microsoft's just trying to knock out the old games? (which isn't fair)

Posted: 10 Aug 2007, 02:21
cd090580
You tried running it with admin privileges => right click on exe or shortcut, run with admin privileges ????

Posted: 11 Aug 2007, 08:17
hilaire9
Maybe change the buffer mode from Flip to Page in Display Properties.

Posted: 11 Aug 2007, 11:28
gel_lr34
Hmm, how do i do that Hil? I looked for display props in the control panel, and didnt find anything....(dying to play RV here :P)

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 09:10
gel_lr34
pushing up cuz i still want to play

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 16:02
Killer Wheels
:unsure: I can't help you so much 'cuz I have no idea about how vista works, but if you have Dx10 installed, it might come from that... If so, try to find a way to make Re-Volt use an older version of Directx...
I think there's surely an emulator to do that, even if I haven't find it yet...
The only other way I see is to make a multiboot session on your comp... :huh:

Tell me if you find a way to solve your problem... :)

Greetings, KW

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 19:41
Adamodell
If you don't know what multiboot is (also known as dual-boot)
It is a computer set up with 2 operating systems with a space on the hard drive reserved for each os (something like that)
you have a choice on startup which os you want to use.

That's about the best I can sum it up.
Never tried to use dual boot tho. :blink: