Page 1 of 1
Posted: 17 Jul 2007, 09:15
Aeon
I've got a customized DB7 Vantage and Lotus Esprit, along with a tuned up Integra waiting to be posted (been waiting a week already), and I'm working on a tuned up STi (just needs the interior redone), but I'm finding that its getting harder and harder to scrounge up ideas for what to do with the "next" car. I have plans for another Supra that I'd like to make, and maybe a Skyline, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any ideas for a painted/souped-up car they'd like to see.

Here's the list of cars I've got to work with right now:

Subaru WRX Sti
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
Toyota Supra
Nissan Skyline GT-R
Acura Integra R
Nissan Silvia R (240SX)
Alfa 156 GTA
Honda S2000
Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
HSV VT GTS300
Lancia Delta
Jaguar S-type
Ferrari 360 Spider (been tampering with a 360 Modena alternative though)
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
Lotus Esprit
Porsche 911 Turbo
Seat Leon Cupra R
Toyota MR2 Turbo

... Or perhaps any other cars you see floating around that have a paint-able texture. (If you don't know what I mean by that, look at the car.bmp on some of my repaints.) Modern cars only, please!

Any suggestions for a new paint job?

(I also have some faster cars to work with, V12 Vanquish, Ferrari F50, Bugatti EB110, Murcielago, etc... But I'd kind of like to stick with the slower "street car" style, because the more expensive cars aren't as fun to repaint - they already look good!)

Posted: 18 Jul 2007, 09:48
Aeon
You know its amazing how much it saps your desire to do something when you realize that NO ONE CARES!

Posted: 19 Jul 2007, 07:55
Iron Bob
I wouldn't say that no one cares. Most people are off enjoying their summer.
I like good flame jobs BTW. :)

Posted: 19 Jul 2007, 21:19
GWC
I've just replied to the 'Is this forum slowing down' thread - about repainting cars, and it occurs to me that maybe, Iron Bob, it's time to get your 2001 Yamaha out?

I don't think it's available today - and I never finished my repaint from 2001!

Geoff

Posted: 21 Jul 2007, 15:40
TheMeandMe
Aeon @ Jul 18 2007, 06:18 AM wrote: You know its amazing how much it saps your desire to do something when you realize that NO ONE CARES!
hey, i even took the time i didnt have to reply to your emails. :P
as for repaints, i like everything that isnt too far on the ricy-way of tuning.

Posted: 21 Jul 2007, 23:19
Aeon
That was for importing cars, not repainting them. And I still haven't been able to get the blasted windows to work right - I can't get the UV Mapper in Zmodeler1 to work properly for whatever reason.

Posted: 23 Jul 2007, 10:01
Iron Bob
I still have all the files for the Yamaha project. If there is someone who wants to do the page code and post it somewhere. :)

Posted: 23 Jul 2007, 15:17
TheMeandMe
Aeon @ Jul 21 2007, 07:49 PM wrote: That was for importing cars, not repainting them. And I still haven't been able to get the blasted windows to work right - I can't get the UV Mapper in Zmodeler1 to work properly for whatever reason.
i know, i was just saying that i was indeed caring for what youre doing.
as with the uv mapper: yeah its always a little bitch. i think what is important to do is to hide all the faces that you dont want to remap and click that little "SEL" button.
dunno if you alrdy did that, but i cant explain it any better, as its a little try&error for me every time as well.

Posted: 24 Jul 2007, 21:00
Dave-o-rama
do a computer mouse :)

Posted: 26 Jul 2007, 08:31
Aeon
Aeon @ Jul 17 2007, 04:45 AM wrote: I've got a customized DB7 Vantage and Lotus Esprit, along with a tuned up Integra waiting to be posted
Is Manmountain on vacation or something? Its been over two weeks since I sent my cars in. So much for "1-2 days".

Posted: 26 Jul 2007, 14:57
arto
Aeon @ Jul 26 2007, 04:01 AM wrote:
Aeon @ Jul 17 2007, 04:45 AM wrote: I've got a customized DB7 Vantage and Lotus Esprit, along with a tuned up Integra waiting to be posted
Is Manmountain on vacation or something? Its been over two weeks since I sent my cars in. So much for "1-2 days".
Come on, the admins of RVZT do not get paid to sit there and approve the submissions. They do it for the sake of the community on their free time. A little understanding and patience in summer time when people are having vacations is not much to ask...

Sorry about delay in track approving too. I'm not on vacation but my Windows installation is fucked up and I haven't had time to fix it yet.

For the record I do not know if MM is on vacation or not, but I presume he is. There's a bunch of cars waiting approving.

Posted: 30 Jul 2007, 01:44
Manmountain
OK! OK!
First off, I am sorry for the delay in approving cars.

You can find all the latest cars by Aeon HERE

The reason for my lack of input (if anyone is interested ?) is this...
Over 2 months ago the place where I work (an electrical retail store) was closed for a total refit, from a single floor to a two tier floor.
During this period I was sent to an alternate store which ment more traveling, then I have had to do 3 weeks of intense training and team building, learning specific procedures and meeting new colleagues.
This last week I have done 8 days back to back, over 60 hours, restacking, displaying and cleaning the store ready to open/trade. :wacko:

This has meant that I have been too tired to stay on my PC for long, as I usually stay on my PC till gone 2am, but of late I have been struggling to stay awake untill 11pm.
Now that the store is open I hope that I will get back into a normal routine and have more time to interact here.

Posted: 30 Jul 2007, 03:51
Aeon
You know if you guys are overburdened, it wouldn't hurt to appoint another person or two to help upload tracks and cars. At least that way if the main person is too busy, the secondary person can do it.

Posted: 30 Jul 2007, 03:54
zagames
The person to contact for that would be the good sir Arto. And I would like to say, you are getting very good at these car repaints.

Posted: 06 Aug 2007, 09:01
APM
Quite simply, if you don't have any ideas, don't do anything!
It's really quite pitiful to see people begging impatiently for ideas. You have an imagination. Use it!
You might as well go out in the street, dress up as a bum, and cry, "Please help a man in need! Give me some IDEAS!!! OR SOME IMAGINATION!!! SOB SOB SOB!!!" No! A true creator is inspired, not given a task to accomplish!
Go outside and enjoy the world, you will find good inspiration there. Don't beg for ideas from other people.

Posted: 06 Aug 2007, 23:54
Aeon
I don't really consider asking people if there's any ideas they'd like to see put into action begging.

Posted: 07 Aug 2007, 04:05
Manmountain
Excuse me!
Do I need to step in here, or will someone admit thier inapropriate comments ? :angry:

My own RV skills can only enhance someone elses creation, but through mutual exchange of ideas great master pieces may flurish.
Someone may have a great or unique idea yet lack the individual skill to develop it.

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:00
Adamodell
I don't know...
Why don't you repaint that Murcielago?
or maybe convert another car?
zmodeler 1.07b has to work better on ME than XP
'cause on XP it's a pile o' (bad word insert here). :angry:

Posted: 20 Aug 2007, 05:07
Aeon
Adamodell @ Aug 19 2007, 12:30 PM wrote: zmodeler 1.07b has to work better on ME than XP
'cause on XP it's a pile o' (bad word insert here). :angry:
Ha!

I have a Murcielago ready to go, but aside from not being able to decide how I want it painted, I'm having some internal debates on car sizes. The murcielago that I have is sized correctly, but it looks long compared to other "realistic" cars I have, which are all sized disproportionately. But if I try to resize the other cars, then they look wrong. So I can decide if I want the cars the look accurately wrong, or nice-lookingly inaccurate.

Posted: 11 Sep 2007, 04:16
Adamodell
You got that Prelude in your email or you can get it here (7z archive)

http://www.freewebs.com/adamodell/preludex.7z

The one on my site is version 2, but version 1 might be better for your editing.

Posted: 11 Sep 2007, 05:10
Manmountain
Aeon @ Aug 20 2007, 12:37 AM wrote: I have a Murcielago ready to go, but aside from not being able to decide how I want it painted, I'm having some internal debates on car sizes. The murcielago that I have is sized correctly, but it looks long compared to other "realistic" cars I have, which are all sized disproportionately. But if I try to resize the other cars, then they look wrong. So I can decide if I want the cars the look accurately wrong, or nice-lookingly inaccurate.
It also depends on the display setup of Revolt, some people set it up in a more squashed look, say 640 X 400 instead of 640 x 480.

I would suggest resizing proportionate to the stock cars.

Posted: 13 Sep 2007, 06:30
Kaki
a murcielago?! is that in rvzt?

Posted: 13 Sep 2007, 07:37
Aeon
There is one at RVZT.