Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Jun 2007, 06:44
zagames
Well, I have been talking to arto and mat(benvolio), and I think we've found a solution to our community dying. The racers have been spreading out too much. There are so many forums, with dictator-like leaders, it's scary and confusing to new people. The idea I am proposing, would unify RVZT, RVR, and my new forum. All 3 sites would share a single user database, which means a person would only register once, and they would have access to all three sites. Each site also has neutral leaders, not control-hungry. Each site would store specific info for the users on that site. I have been working to transfer members from RVR to the new forum, thanks to a little help from mat. You can read all about it in this new forum, if you wish. Please visit it if you support the idea. http://revolt.zackattackgames.com and click on the Forum link. I look forward to seeing you all there. Later,
Zach

Posted: 27 Jun 2007, 07:53
re-volt hustler
Nice, that would make it easier for to out word about revolt 2 that IM trying to get started.

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 03:18
zagames
Yes, and BTW, I would be happy to help program/ model for it.

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 04:48
Aeon
I question whether the solution to having too many forums is to create another forum...

Personally I just visit whatever is easiest to access from RVZT, since that's what I'm linked to. (And thats where all the REAL news happens.)

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 04:51
Manmountain
I'm all for supporting unity throughout the community. ;)

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 17:19
zagames
Yes Aeon, no other current forums have the database linking capability needed to share users with the other sites.

Thanks for the support Manmountain.

Posted: 28 Jun 2007, 22:51
Skitch2
Count me in.
I would love to get back to buisness.

Posted: 29 Jun 2007, 00:30
Dave-o-rama
aw man, i wanted to open up a ReVolt Art Gallery forum today, too. i also have another idea- i got a whole page full of links to RV sites and maybe if we put that page in a public place where everyone has access, everyone knows all the sites and wont be so spread out.

Posted: 02 Jul 2007, 14:20
TheMeandMe
Aeon @ Jun 28 2007, 01:18 AM wrote: I question whether the solution to having too many forums is to create another forum...
tru, tru

Posted: 04 Jul 2007, 05:01
Dave-o-rama
TheMeandMe @ Jul 2 2007, 09:50 AM wrote:
Aeon @ Jun 28 2007, 01:18 AM wrote: I question whether the solution to having too many forums is to create another forum...
tru, tru
XD

heres a good idea for this plan. i have a page on my site with 2379586 links to ReVolt sites. These include the forums. make a subforum that is actually a link to an outside page. its possible. Just look at my forum and click on the Unite The Community Subforum. It'll take you to my links page. Since MM will see this post, we'll see if he is in. I'll talk with APM about RVHO's involvement. And apparently Racing Wheels has shut down. Zach, you can talk with benvolio and arto about Re-Volt Forum's involvement. As you may have seen, RV Art Gallery is already in. And its looking for new members.

btw leave RRR out of this. not everyone can access it, and we all know RST is a tyrant leader. he won't go for it.

so... like this idea?

Posted: 06 Aug 2007, 08:06
APM
Count me and RVHO in! I think it would draw more people to my forum... the main reason why it's failing =[ because none of the forums let me advertise at all in the simplest ways...

Posted: 07 Aug 2007, 04:14
Manmountain
APM @ Aug 6 2007, 03:36 AM wrote:I think it would draw more people to my forum... the main reason why it's failing =[ because none of the forums let me advertise at all in the simplest ways...
IMHO it's your personal view and tone that may be causing it's failure, rather than the lack of advertising.
Also, is your forum so uniquely different from the current active forums, or does it duplicate topics found else where ?

Posted: 07 Aug 2007, 07:40
APM
There would be more unique topics if there were more unique people to make them. ;)
No, I usually stay optimistic and such around my forum. You could join if you want, I have nothing against you. :D