Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Aug 2005, 21:07
human
dear revolters,
when i was on gamespy last time (it was a long time ago, because i dont have connection now) a "discussion" seemed to be envolve about the rvleague passwords between rst and the league leaders. i feel myself inside the revolt community and im interested in our life, but dont know anything about this issue, but i see changed links and i dont see the spanish boy (if i remember correctly, maybe portugese?) nowhere. I dont want to disturb or harm nobody of us but can somebody tell me the the moderate version of the story to help me see clear?

Posted: 03 Aug 2005, 22:51
human
ok, a kind racer informed me via mail, so i know the necessary things.
well, i wish the bests to the community! shout everybody a big "revolt foreva!" \o/

Posted: 03 Aug 2005, 23:05
Manmountain
First, Hi and welcome to Our Revolt Pub, please grab a seat while I take your order. :)

Well! the short and simple version is...
RST did not like the Leagues setup at Gamespy, saying it was harming the RV communtity.
Some of the RVL disagreed with RST... all seemed peaceful...but!
RRR (Revolt RC Racing Forum) got hacked/attacked and all data and postings were lost.
RST had information relating to the attacker being a possible RVL member.
Within 2 week after this RV-League site was hacked/attacked.
The League posted details of the attacker that seemed to indicate it was RST.

A sad time for the RV community indeed. :(

The League restored their site within 2 weeks.
RST has ditched the original RRR site, but has restarted the RRR forum here : RRR

The League is currently in limbo, the forum is still fully active but the League results and tables are no more. This is due to a well earned summer break, the League will return and will hopefully be as competitive as ever. Although there are currently no results being recorded, there are still races happening at Gamespy with most of the regulars.

I do not know any more of the whole situation than this.
I would hope that it's all over with and the RV community is still friendly and active at Gamespy.
I have tried to remain neutral and keep the RV community friendly and progressively active by staying in touch at most RV sites. :mellow:

Now then sir, enough of the gossip, what can I get you ? ;)

Posted: 04 Aug 2005, 00:26
RTT-Pigasque
Nothing to add to this politicaly correct answer and I hope first all the ReVolt community forget soon this bad chapter ...

It will be surely harder for me ... For a long time, I think, It will stay a before and an after ... <_<

Posted: 04 Aug 2005, 00:38
human
thx for the infos manmountain, nice to see you pig@,
i wish refreshment time to the community and extremely funny common online shooting!

Posted: 04 Sep 2006, 08:48
Tormato
XP very bad connect to SPY
Help pls !

Posted: 04 Sep 2006, 21:15
sjampo
go here ;)

Posted: 05 Sep 2006, 00:40
re-volt hustler
well the rv-league is back up today. We dont use gamespy servers anymore thats why rvhouse was made.