Page 1 of 1
Posted: 22 May 2007, 17:35
BurnRubr
Any one have my cars from RHQ ?

As some of my cars were only sent to the old RHQ website.
I do not have a copy of any of these cars.
I would like to have these cars again.
I cannot even remember how many cars there were that got sent to RHQ.

Posted: 22 May 2007, 17:39
Manmountain
I have a selection of cars that I have acquired from various sorces, but I am unsure exactly which ones are yourd without opening each zip file.

I would say that GWC (Geoff) would most likely have all your cars, but he too may not know exactly which ones are yours without looking.

Do you have a list of some discription ?

Posted: 22 May 2007, 17:42
BurnRubr
That's another problem.
I cannot remember the names of the cars.
So sorry I cannot make a list of cars.

Posted: 22 May 2007, 18:03
Manmountain
How about a general discription of which cars/trucks and an approximate number ?
As I have well over 600 cars and Geoff probably has twice the number I have. :rolleyes:

Posted: 22 May 2007, 21:17
GWC
Yeah, MM is right - I have more than 2000 :)

I'll go thru 'em for you, but it won't happen overnight. I can't think of any of hand - can you narrow it down at all?

One of the problems with the early stuff is that readmes were not common, and often, on the old cars and tracks, there is now no way of knowing who made 'em.

Geoff

Posted: 23 May 2007, 05:37
BurnRubr
Never mind about it Manmountain and GWC.
I do not expect you to go through so many cars to look.

I will search for any other revolt sites that exist and see if they have any cars that I do not have.

Posted: 23 May 2007, 06:12
revoltkid
say
i have never heard of rhq
and i it closed?

Posted: 23 May 2007, 06:56
Manmountain
Re-Volt Head Quaters was one the first if not the first Re-Volt site to host Tracks and Cars, and yes it closed several years ago.

BurnRubr, as Geoff said, many of the older submissions did not give us the courtesy of Readme's or any other vague discription of the cars or their creators, but if your earlier submissions did have some reference information with them, then I'm sure between Geoff and myself we can find some for you. :D

Posted: 23 May 2007, 07:03
BurnRubr
From memory my cars included a readme.txt.
In some cases they even had converted by BurnRubr in the parameters.txt above the car name.

Posted: 23 May 2007, 09:34
arto
If the cars were in one directory, it'd be relatively easy to do a little script that opens each zip packet and sees if there is a readme.txt which contains BurnRubr. That would narrow down the manual work a lot.

Posted: 23 May 2007, 10:26
BurnRubr
NEVER MIND

I found an old backup of my old website.
The cars are there.
No need to look.
Thanks anyway.