Page 1 of 9
Posted: 15 May 2007, 01:50
Manmountain

RV House has been officially released. It is intended to give Re-Volt players an online meeting place where races can be easily hosted and joined.

RV House - Copyright © 2006 by Mr. Ajalkane. Design by ADX & Mr. Ajalkane.

Posted: 22 May 2007, 04:26
Dave-o-rama
House ownz! :D

Posted: 16 Jul 2008, 19:33
jaseaka
RvHouse!!!

i just posted an working address to use for rvhouse web site. since i saw on other message boards that rvhouse.net site isn't available.

Posted: 08 Sep 2008, 03:09
ADX
As I see, no more rvhouse.net available.
:(

Regards,
ADX

Posted: 08 Sep 2008, 18:39
Crone94
ADX @ Sep 7 2008, 10:39 PM wrote: As I see, no more rvhouse.net available.
:(

Regards,
ADX
Yea, dunno why it suddenly disappeared..

Posted: 09 Sep 2008, 13:05
urnemanden
Pretty weird though, because that was an easy way to remember what the link to
RV House is. :)

Posted: 09 Sep 2008, 16:07
jaseaka
or just add the working link to ur bookmarks...

Posted: 30 Sep 2008, 01:27
piN
OK my bad, I let it lapse :(

But.................... I have renewed it yaya!!! so let it get all interwebed and it should work again in a few days.

Pin

Posted: 30 Sep 2008, 19:01
robenue
I've noticed that RV house doesnt do it's job normaly.. It seems to not like HP computers. What happens is I try and host, then launch.. it stalls on a black screen or doesnt launch the .exe it's self.. the second reason would have to be the joining issue, same reason.. just cannot connect to the game.. without the joining to lobby error message.

Posted: 01 Oct 2008, 02:56
zagames
Sorry. But I believe the problem could be with the HP itself. I have never had any luck with a Hewlett Packard. Especially these days when HP's come with all that extra software that eats up your computer. The only thing you can really do is just keep trying.

Posted: 02 Oct 2008, 19:48
arto
piN @ Sep 29 2008, 08:57 PM wrote: But.................... I have renewed it yaya!!! so let it get all interwebed and it should work again in a few days.
Thanks dawg!

Posted: 02 May 2011, 01:36
URV
Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this (although I doubt it), but I preferred to write here instead of creating a new topic.

---

Lately (for one day, actually), I've been getting the following error each time I tried to connect to RV House:

I'm not sure if it's my PC, or something with the server - or just simply RV House's fault. I've reinstalled the program and nothing changed. May I ask what is wrong?

Posted: 02 May 2011, 21:39
arto
UrbanR @ May 1 2011, 09:06 PM wrote: Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this (although I doubt it), but I preferred to write here instead of creating a new topic.

---

Lately (for one day, actually), I've been getting the following error each time I tried to connect to RV House:

I'm not sure if it's my PC, or something with the server - or just simply RV House's fault. I've reinstalled the program and nothing changed. May I ask what is wrong?
There is a kadc.ini file in your C:\Program Files\RV House\conf directory. Try removing that one and restart RV House. Also try removing data\contact.dat and restart.

Posted: 03 May 2011, 22:00
URV
I deleted the "kadc.ini" and everything is fine now. Thank you.

Posted: 14 May 2011, 05:36
hilaire9
Osama bin Laden's last Re-volt race:

Posted: 14 May 2011, 14:13
r6turboextreme
XD

Posted: 17 May 2011, 16:06
victorpsbg
This was good :D
------------------------
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Posted: 24 May 2011, 23:16
kajeuter
Hey arto if u need a translation to Dutch for RVHouse I can help u.

Posted: 26 Jun 2011, 00:33
hilaire9
June 25....RVH Central Server down and dead!

Posted: 26 Jun 2011, 23:06
arto
Behold,

booting the centralized server. Get up you old piece of junk!

Posted: 26 Jun 2011, 23:09
arto
kajeuter @ May 24 2011, 06:46 PM wrote: Hey arto if u need a translation to Dutch for RVHouse I can help u.
I can't speak dutch, so I don't personally need it. But if you're willing to do one, I'll include it and am grateful for dutch RV House users! So thanks if you're willing to make the effort.

But please do not start it until I've released a new RVH version. There's some slight changes in the format.

Posted: 27 Jun 2011, 00:05
Phantom
Maybe those changes are related with 16 connections support and other 1.2 optimizations, am I right?

Btw, I already finished the Spanish Update for RVH. :)
There have been a lot of changes since ADX made the first one in 2006. So I'll wait for the new release too, in order to send you the full translation.

Greetings.

PS: I'm glad that centralized server is working again. Thanks!

Posted: 27 Jun 2011, 02:35
arto
Phantom @ Jun 26 2011, 07:35 PM wrote: Maybe those changes are related with 16 connections support and other 1.2 optimizations, am I right?
No... Those will come after the next release.

Posted: 27 Jun 2011, 12:59
kajeuter
arto @ Jun 26 2011, 06:39 PM wrote:
kajeuter @ May 24 2011, 06:46 PM wrote: Hey arto if u need a translation to Dutch for RVHouse I can help u.
I can't speak dutch, so I don't personally need it. But if you're willing to do one, I'll include it and am grateful for dutch RV House users! So thanks if you're willing to make the effort.

But please do not start it until I've released a new RVH version. There's some slight changes in the format.
ah ok, let me know when I can start

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 03:36
arto
I uploaded a new version. This is quite a big change internally in RV House, although not much is visible to the user. The UI toolkit has been changed from FOX toolkit to Qt toolkit. This allows for more rapid development, and using more advanced UI. Unfortunately the end result is larger installer and executable.

I'm quite sure there are bugs that I did not notice. Please report when you see them. Also I stripped some functionality that I thought is not really necessary. Please let me know if something is missing that you'd like to be reimplemented.

Since there is very real possibility that this version messes something very badly, the old version is still available. If you have dire problems, install the older version from here:

rvhouse.zackattackgames.com/downloads/rv_house_setup_0.92.3.exe

But remember to tell me what the problem was.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 03:37
arto
kajeuter @ Jun 27 2011, 08:29 AM wrote:
arto @ Jun 26 2011, 06:39 PM wrote:

You can indeed start now, after you download the newest version and use its english.lang as starting point.

Thanks!

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 04:04
kajeuter
arto @ Jun 27 2011, 11:07 PM wrote:
kajeuter @ Jun 27 2011, 08:29 AM wrote:
arto @ Jun 26 2011, 06:39 PM wrote: I can't speak dutch, so I don't personally need it. But if you're willing to do one, I'll include it and am grateful for dutch RV House users! So thanks if you're willing to make the effort.

You can indeed start now, after you download the newest version and use its english.lang as starting point.

Thanks!
Ok, ill start. I pm u when im finished.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 08:06
Phantom
Hi Arto, Thankyou for the new RV House update 0.93.0, it looks awesome!
It has a more modern style that fits perfectly the Windows Vista & 7 style.

Ok first reporter here, so I'll tell you my suggestions to keep improving:
A - I noticed that some characters like "ñ"; "ó"; etc.. are not properly shown in the menus (tested in Spanish but may happen in Magyar and others languages too).
I see "¿½" instead of these characters, for example conexi¿½n, while it should say conexión. What may be the reason for this? Can this be fixed?

B - In the Rooms Panel, the space for "Room Name" option is a bit small, allowing only small room names to show completely.
And I also noticed that there is a lot of free space at the right of Pickups option, which can be added at the left to increase the size of "Room Name" option.

C - If you look at the upper part of the program, in the name you can see: rv_house.
The same when you minimize the program and look in your taskbar. I think it should say "RV House", right?

D - Not very important for the moment but will definitely increase the RV House beauty in the future and match better the new GUI:
What do you think about updating the icons? Maybe some new Windows Vista/7 style icons like the new Re-Volt 1.2 icon.
Just a small suggestion for the future.

Ok, that's all I could find so far. Thankyou again and we'll keep feedback.

Best whishes.

Phantom

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 14:20
Huki
Nice arto.. with this UI upgrade I think you've taken care of most annoying bugs, (with scrolling, etc). I like how we can fully hide all the side panes and keep only the chat pane open.
Found one bug though: pressing the "Join Room" button without any room selected crashes rvhouse. Another minor problem is that the players who are connected to both the server and P2P have the same green color, like the players who are only connected to the server. And as Phantom said, some window and toolbar positions and orientations are.. well, "different". But I actually think it looks smarter now.

By the way, when you are going to support "16 players in room", you should also disable writing the number of cars value to registry. Because 1) a value above 12 in this reg key can crash re-volt, and 2) this value is never used by re-volt for lobby games.

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 14:43
arto
Thanks for the feedback Phantom & Huki.

I'll look into the language problem. It is of course fixable. The language files may be accidentally in wrong encoding.

Space for room name - you can resize the columns and RV House might even remember the sizes (don't remember off hand). But I'll look if I can put smarter default sizes.

About icons, I'm not an artist and can't make any better (I find them quite good :). The current ones were done by Piqasgue and ADX. Of course if someone creates updated ones that are more modern I can include them.

As of the rest of the bugs, I'll fix them soon and will remove the writing of number of cars to the registry. Huki, is there anything else than just increasing the room participant limit to 16 for this change?

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 14:52
Huki
arto @ Jun 28 2011, 02:43 PM wrote: Huki, is there anything else than just increasing the room participant limit to 16 for this change?
Nope, that's all there is to it. But the 16 players option only works in 1.2-only games. So maybe you should check whether the "1.2-Only" option is selected in the room settings.. and only then allow the "Players" slider to go above 12.

All the icons look quite good indeed, so the only icons I'd want to see upgraded is the main rvhouse icon. ;) But as I'm not an artist either, I'll leave now...

Posted: 28 Jun 2011, 18:06
urnemanden
Last week I did have my own go on a RV House banner for a new website I am working on.

It may however be a little bit too "modern" and out of style, I don't know.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I might have a go on making an icon some time later though I can't promise anything right now. I am however glad to hear that you're ready to change the existing logo if anything better shows up. It always takes a bit time for me to get used to something new, but so far I'm liking the layout!

Posted: 29 Jun 2011, 02:33
nero
I thought changes would harm RVH, but I was sooo wrong.
I like the new look, totally revamped, polished, looks kind of like the IRC channels, but better.
Fixing the above mentioned bugs would be the next objective.

Posted: 29 Jun 2011, 04:09
arto
I uploaded a new version which I hope addresses the bugs:

- Non-english language files (Portuguese and Bulgarian, but others as well)
- Crash when trying to select a room when none selected.

I also addes support for 16 players if RV 1.2 is selected. However, I did not remove the writing to registry as RVH uses it as a "memory" so that when creating new rooms the setting is remembered. Huki, you said about crashing problem... is the problem that if RV 1.2 is used and 16 players have been written to registry, and then later user switches back to RV 1.1/1.0 then he crashes when starting the game? Or something else? I assume RV 1.2 is fine with 16 players in the registry. I'm trying to gauge if this is a problem that's likely to happen or an obscure one that's not worth doing extra work to get around.

The rest of the improvements I'll tackle later, probably next week.

Thanks for the comments on the improved looks - I've only tested so far in virtual machine running Windows 2000 and it looks pretty similar in there, so it's good to get confirmation that the looks have improved in XP/Vista/Windows 7.

Urne: that's a good looking banner, and indeed modern looking. As old-fashioned as I am, I have nothing against RVH looking more modern. But it all has to fit. With that I mean what you also said "out of style", if one part changes so must others so that RVH looks consistent. I might add here, that all the icons used by RVH are modifiable and can be found in the installation under "img/" folder. So everyone can try and do some modifications, and share them with others. If there's new icon sets created, we could even have a poll here if people would like a such a new icon set as default in RVH.

Again, let me know of any problems. I'll be concentrating my free time on RVH for the next week at least to fix any problems.

Posted: 29 Jun 2011, 15:21
urnemanden
Sounds good arto, thank you for dedicating your free time to this. Hopefully I'm going to try out the new feature later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info related to the new icons, I might look into it and I hope others will as well. A poll competition could make everything more interesting too, that's for sure!

Posted: 29 Jun 2011, 17:27
Huki
arto @ Jun 29 2011, 04:09 AM wrote:I also added support for 16 players if RV 1.2 is selected. However, I did not remove the writing to registry as RVH uses it as a "memory" so that when creating new rooms the setting is remembered. Huki, you said about crashing problem... is the problem that if RV 1.2 is used and 16 players have been written to registry, and then later user switches back to RV 1.1/1.0 then he crashes when starting the game? Or something else? I assume RV 1.2 is fine with 16 players in the registry. I'm trying to gauge if this is a problem that's likely to happen or an obscure one that's not worth doing extra work to get around.
RV 1.2 is also affected by the crashes, and there are also new problems with a NumCars value above 12. Actually, I haven't added support for "16 active racers" as I find even 12 players overwhelming. I have instead added support for upto 16 connections out of which a fixed number of players (between 2 and 12, decided by NumCars field) will be able to race while the others can spectate the race. I could maybe add a safety check on values after getting them from registry, but still, the NumCars field now has a special purpose in multiplayer (to set the maximum number of active racers), so rvhouse writing its "maximum overall connections" value here is a bad idea. Maybe you can save the rvhouse room settings in the ini?

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 01:26
Phantom
RV House now supports 16 connections! Cool! That's what I have been waiting for. ^_^

FIXED THINGS (Thankyou!):
Non-english characters like "ñ"; "ó"; etc. are now properly shown. Tested in Spanish, Portuguese and Magyar.
RV House now remembers if you maximized the window in the previous session! Great!
The private message window is now optimized for higher resolutions. It's big for 1024x768, but we can handle it.

NEW BUGS FOUND:
A - If I double click to any section in the Users Panel for example "Chatting", "Away", etc., RV House crashes.

B - I noticed that sometimes the order of these sections are sorted differently than it's supposed to be.
For example, I normally see "Waiting in Room" between Chatting and Playing (which is logical order).
But sometimes I see "Waiting in Room" and "Chatting" at the end, under "Do Not Disturb".

C - If you make a 16 players room and then choose to change to "All Versions", the 16 players number doesn't go back to 12. I don't want to imagine what can happen if somebody starts a race with 16 players in the room with "All versions" on.

D - In previous RVH, when you double click to a player's name to send a private message, the PM window is loaded and you can simply start writing. Now when the PM window appears, I need to make a click on the writing area first before I can start writing, which can be a bit annoying considering that we are used to the old method when the writing bar (|) is loaded automatically in the writing area.
This would be just an optimization, I know. Hope it can be improved too.

Posted: 30 Jun 2011, 10:16
arto
Huki: ok, I'll fix it for next release to use some other place for remembering laps (probably RVH's registry).

I'll remove the Bulgarian translation for next release, unless someone wants to try fixing it by editing the language file. Good to know the other translations work.

Phantom: I'll fix the issues you've raised.

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 10:34
arto
A short reminder for myself also:

I've done the other changes reported here, except for the following:

- User categories sorting not done. Requires more time to do it correctly.
- Rooms panel column sizes have not been adjusted. If user resized them, the changes are not saved across RV House restarts either. Have to check if it'd be easy to save them.

I haven't uploaded a new version as my Windows compiling environment seems to have been broken somehow.

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 18:23
Huki
Allow me to add two more funny glitches to the list:

- Any number of rvhouse processes can be open at the same time. (not-so-funny example here).
- When main rvhouse window is closed, any open PMs are still left open, and you're still connected to others.

Posted: 01 Jul 2011, 19:07
KDL
indeed
Process is the way out of "non-cloning".
I almost fell for <somebody>'s trick...

Posted: 02 Jul 2011, 12:27
Phantom
Thanks a lot for fixing all the things reported here.

It feels so much better now.
Let me add just 1 more thing to the pending issues list:
When I select somebody's name (let's suppose to send him a PM), I can't stop selecting that person until I close RV House. The same happens when a room is selected.
In previous versions, I could always stop selecting a person or room by just clicking another area of the program or clicking on that person again, but that's not working at the moment.

Posted: 02 Jul 2011, 21:31
Huki
Phantom @ Jul 2 2011, 12:27 PM wrote: Thanks a lot for fixing all the things reported here.

It feels so much better now.
Let me add just 1 more thing to the pending issues list:
When I select somebody's name (let's suppose to send him a PM), I can't stop selecting that person until I close RV House. The same happens when a room is selected.
In previous versions, I could always stop selecting a person or room by just clicking another area of the program or clicking on that person again, but that's not working at the moment.
Just a reminder:
- PMs not closing after closing main window is not fixed yet.
- Users with both P2P / Server connection still appear green instead of dark blue.

And another issue:
- The writing box gets inactive after scrolling the chat (with scroll bar / mouse wheel).

Posted: 05 Jul 2011, 01:50
arto
Next batch of fixes released, post again reminder if I missed something:

- Fix: Close main window closes RV House, even if private message windows open
- Fix: users with both P2P / server connection should appear dark blue
- Fix: Message field keeps focus
- Workaround: selected user can be deselected by clicking playing status
- Italian translation
- Sensible defaults for room column widths

Phantom's reported getting rid of user's selection is a bit ugly workaround, but at least you can do it now. Sorry, but I'm starting to run out of time. Unless something urgent comes up, the next update will likely be next year.

Posted: 06 Jul 2011, 01:26
arto
I just update RV House installer to include Dutch translation. Redownload if you're interested.

Big thanks to kajeuter for the work!

Posted: 08 Jul 2011, 15:56
VaiDuX461
I have a problem with RVHouse.

Every time I launch RVHouse and try to connect, I get fatal error with kadc.ini file.
It says:
KadC_start(C:/Program Files/RV House&#092;conf&#092;kadc.ini, 1)returned error 3: overnetinifileread() failed -4

Deleting kadc.ini file fixes this.

Windows XP SP1 with D-Link DIR 100 router.

I don't get that error with older versions.

Posted: 08 Jul 2011, 17:20
Dave-o-rama
same thing happens to me, except it happened once... then every time I try to open Rv House up after, it crashes when I hit login.

Posted: 08 Jul 2011, 22:25
antonius
Same kadc.ini error for me too. It happened just about two or three times (every time I fixed as Vaidux desdribed) and now it seems to be ok.

Posted: 09 Jul 2011, 21:50
Huki
The kadc.ini error could probably be caused by lack of proper of access rights. Tried running rvhouse as administrator?

@arto: Three more bugs to report, so i hope you weren't serious about next year. ;)
- Copy (ctrl + c) and other commands don't work in the main chat window, all commands are directed towards the message field.
- Rvhouse flashes only if minimized with the minimize button in title bar, not when minimized by other ways (clicking the icon in task bar, windows key + M, etc).
- The command line shown in Settings -> Advanced always resets to "cmdline" when opening the dialog. This is only a display bug though, as rv is launched with the correct command line anyway.

Posted: 10 Jul 2011, 01:46
VaiDuX461
Huki @ Jul 9 2011, 07:20 PM wrote:The kadc.ini error could probably be caused by lack of proper of access rights. Tried running rvhouse as administrator?
I can't do that, because I'm already a computer administrator, and using WinXP, not Vista/7.

I opened bad kadc.ini file and it had only one line written, but if you open that works with rvhouse, it has multiple lines with some codes and ip's.