Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Apr 2007, 01:19
Aeon
I read up on AI nodes finally and I think I've got the hang of basically how to tell the cars where to go (still trying to figure out how to change speeds though). So, I went and revamped the AI on my custom lego track, adjusted everything to my satisfaction, then ran it regularly. The AI got about halfway around the track them the game crashed. I figured this probably meant that I'd connected some of the nodes backwards when I was learning how to do that, so I decided to go back into Time Trial mode and fix it.

Trouble is, when I go to edit AI Nodes in Time Trial mode, the game crashes. I even removed the entire track and tried to edit a different track as nhood1 and it still crashes. Oddly enough, though, I can edit the AI in Single Race mode. Just not Time Trial. Anyone have any suggestions or explanations on whats wrong here?

(And of course, it obviously wasn't practical to edit the AI nodes in Single Race when the game crashes every time the AI gets halfway through the track...)

Posted: 24 Apr 2007, 01:54
Dave-o-rama
edit the nodes in pratice mode

Posted: 24 Apr 2007, 02:44
hilaire9
You can only edit in Time Trial mode if the track is rename
to an in-game track like nhood1. I know of no mistake than
will cause revolt to crash in AI mode in Time Trial mode unless
you try to race it and cross a bad node. In edit mode do not race it,
but fly to about where you think the mistake is and check the nodes.

Posted: 24 Apr 2007, 02:46
Aeon
I can't race it in time trial, it crashes before the track finishes loading.

Is there any handy way to get rid of the super obnoxious giant spinning star in practice mode?

Posted: 24 Apr 2007, 08:04
Aeon
While I'm on the topic of AI stuff, can anybody tell me how to add AI walls or point me to a tutorial explaining it? I haven't been able to find anything.

Posted: 01 May 2007, 08:51
APM
The star is not obnoxious!
And your error sounds weird... different versions of Re-Volt have different mutations regardless of its origin.