Page 1 of 1
Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 18:22
verbal_666
Hi people.

Since me and my friends use RV under Hamachi service, we really do not have any problem gaming together...

But using RVh, obviously, you are directly connected over internet, with router ip and its nat services. Now, from my test, i can't set up a server at all, also forwarding tcp 2301+47624 and udp 2300to2400 ports from router to my static lan ip. People can't ever see the created session. And there is no firewall between (nor inside router nor inside os).
Is the port forwarding the only trick to make a server running?

Why do not try to create a special RVh with hamachi binding? The perfect would be a RVh with an hamachi algorithm inside ;) but since hamachi-algo is not yet known... ... ... it's not really possible for now, i know <_<

Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 22:40
arto
verbal_666 @ Apr 14 2007, 01:52 PM wrote: But using RVh, obviously, you are directly connected over internet, with router ip and its nat services. Now, from my test, i can't set up a server at all, also forwarding tcp 2301+47624 and udp 2300to2400 ports from router to my static lan ip. People can't ever see the created session. And there is no firewall between (nor inside router nor inside os).
Is the port forwarding the only trick to make a server running?
Basically it is the only trick. Of course port forwarding will only work if you can control the NAT. If your Internet Service Provider does the NAT then there's not much that can be done (except switch ISP or try complain to them).
Why do not try to create a special RVh with hamachi binding? The perfect would be a RVh with an hamachi algorithm inside&nbsp; ;) but since hamachi-algo is not yet known... ... ...&nbsp; it's not really possible for now, i know <_<
I will try eventually looking into hamachi. There is many open questions though. For example, I don't know if a free service like RV House can even use Hamachi directly. Or if it has to be licensed.

Posted: 15 Apr 2007, 14:03
verbal_666
Thanx Arto.
Yesterday then i was able to set up router connection perfectly..... as u could see it ;)
So, there's no problem from that station....

Now, imaging a new station where i can't administrate the router? No hosting at all, OK.... but also NO JOIN AT ALL..... I should at least be able to connect to a hosting game, but can't connect!!! ...

Posted: 16 Apr 2007, 20:05
APM
I'm evidence of the exact opposite of that situation. I can join rooms, but cannot host as nobody can connect.
Or do I misunderstand the situation?
Anyways, I'm glad you were able to fix your problem. :)
Regards,
APM