Page 1 of 1
Posted: 13 Apr 2007, 23:06
Prads
I am creating this new tool that lets you to re-paint your re-volt cars. It has got in-built Image editor with filters and all which is powerful than MS Paint. I also integrated the tool called 'TMVfR' in it since the author has given us right to do anything with that program and has no legal restriction. It is not completed yet but after it is completed I need someone to test it for me. Anyone?

Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 05:48
Aeon
Does it do anything that Paint Shop Pro and Lithium Unwrap (a much better alternative to TMVfR with longer load times) can't do?

Actually what I'd seriously be interested in is a tool to view your cars (wheels and all) in a 3D, textured, rotatable environment, so you can view your and adjust wheel locations and textures without having to start up the game and finish a race to get a rotation view of your car. Of course, if wheels being included were out of the question, just a rotable view of the car would be good too, although none of this is probably what you'd have in mind.

As it is I'm getting along pretty well using Paint Shop Pro for painting my cars, and all the layers come in really handy. I think Lithium Unwrapper might even have a feature for viewing textured objects in 3D, but I can't make it work, and it has no help file.

Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 09:55
revoltkid
ok
cool
i will like to test it our
:D

Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 21:55
Prads
Aeon @ Apr 14 2007, 01:18 AM wrote: Does it do anything that Paint Shop Pro and Lithium Unwrap (a much better alternative to TMVfR with longer load times) can't do?

Actually what I'd seriously be interested in is a tool to view your cars (wheels and all) in a 3D, textured, rotatable environment, so you can view your and adjust wheel locations and textures without having to start up the game and finish a race to get a rotation view of your car. Of course, if wheels being included were out of the question, just a rotable view of the car would be good too, although none of this is probably what you'd have in mind.

As it is I'm getting along pretty well using Paint Shop Pro for painting my cars, and all the layers come in really handy. I think Lithium Unwrapper might even have a feature for viewing textured objects in 3D, but I can't make it work, and it has no help file.
Ah, sorry. It won't have functions like that. For PRM TMVfR and for texture editing you will get a in-built editor which look like MS Paint but has more functions and filters like blur, wave, snow etc... Why would you use Zmodeler 3D rotable environment?

Ok revoltkid, I will PM you and provide you with beta version as soon as I finish it.

Posted: 14 Apr 2007, 22:39
TheMeandMe
Aeon @ Apr 14 2007, 02:18 AM wrote: Actually what I'd seriously be interested in is a tool to view your cars (wheels and all) in a 3D, textured, rotatable environment, so you can view your and adjust wheel locations and textures without having to start up the game and finish a race to get a rotation view of your car. Of course, if wheels being included were out of the question, just a rotable view of the car would be good too, although none of this is probably what you'd have in mind.
What you described comes with Re-Volt.

All you need to do is enter MAKEITGOOD as your Nickname, start a race, press the F6 key twice and the camera is now centered on your car. From this point on, use the W-A-S-D keys like in most First Person Shooters to move the camera around your car. With Alt+Tab you can switch to Windows and your painting program.

hope this helps.

Posted: 15 Apr 2007, 01:23
Aeon
All you need to do is enter MAKEITGOOD as your Nickname, start a race, press the F6 key twice and the camera is now centered on your car. From this point on, use the W-A-S-D keys like in most First Person Shooters to move the camera around your car. With Alt+Tab you can switch to Windows and your painting program.
That would be good for texturing, but it'd still be nice to have some way to easily adjust wheel/antenna/spinner positions without having to restart that whole process every time you want to make a little adjustment.

Posted: 15 Apr 2007, 02:19
APM
Click the start button in-game to minimize Re-Volt. Change the bmp however you want. Then click on Re-Volt in the Task bar and you will go back in. The paint job will be changed.
What I would like to see is a program that can re-map as well as re-paint and be able to have an in-screen 3D view.
The reason one cannot see Re-Volt cars' colors in 3D modeling programs is because the programs show the colors of the vertexes, and these are all white on the Re-Volt cars. If the vertexes were, say, red, Re-Volt would load the bmp on top of the red car body, thus applying a reddish tint to paint job the car. I also suppose that white is understood by Re-Volt as invisibility in the car model itself, allowing 000 RGB in the bmp to show right through the car rather than to expose the white surface of the car.
Or perhaps if you colored all the vertexes of the model red then they would be converted back to white during the export to PRM.
Regards,
APM

Posted: 15 Apr 2007, 13:50
BurnRubr
APM @ Apr 15 2007, 05:49 AM wrote:
Or perhaps if you colored all the vertexes of the model red then they would be converted back to white during the export to PRM.
Regards,
APM

NOT SO.
The vertex colours remain as set by your 3d program.

Posted: 15 Apr 2007, 21:39
Prads
APM @ Apr 14 2007, 09:49 PM wrote:
What I would like to see is a program that can re-map as well as re-paint and be able to have an in-screen 3D view.
Zmodular has it?

I don't know too well about these prm files and how are they processed...

Posted: 16 Apr 2007, 00:17
Dave-o-rama
Prads @ Apr 13 2007, 06:36 PM wrote: I am creating this new tool that lets you to re-paint your re-volt cars. It has got in-built Image editor with filters and all which is powerful than MS Paint. I also integrated the tool called 'TMVfR' in it since the author has given us right to do anything with that program and has no legal restriction. It is not completed yet but after it is completed I need someone to test it for me. Anyone?
im helping test it :P

Posted: 16 Apr 2007, 21:24
Filipe Monteiro
i wanna test it too ;) ;)

Posted: 16 Apr 2007, 21:32
Prads
Ok I will PM you the link after I have finished it...

Posted: 17 Apr 2007, 04:58
APM
ZModeler shows a 3D view of your car or other object that you make, but shows the actual model without the paint job applied. I would like to see the paint job applied.

Posted: 17 Apr 2007, 06:48
Aeon
APM @ Apr 17 2007, 12:28 AM wrote: ZModeler shows a 3D view of your car or other object that you make, but shows the actual model without the paint job applied. I would like to see the paint job applied.
You can see it with the textures applied. Just use 'E' to edit the textures, and load the custom texture you want to use. But its much easier, in my opinion, to just view it in game, alt+tab out, edit and save the texture, then open the game again to see the changes. Once you've finished a race and the camera is rotating around the car, its easy enough to see your modifications.

Posted: 18 Apr 2007, 01:21
APM
But it would be easier if you just had to look at a different part of the screen to see what the paint looks like. And be able to modify the paint by just clicking in another part of the screen. And for the paint job to change instantly so you could compare the changes. :rolleyes:
In short, I would like a program that makes car painting, remapping, and viewing easier.

Posted: 26 Apr 2007, 23:30
Prads
Is there any program that can convert .prm files into .x format? If there is then I can create a program that can view .x 3d object.