Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Apr 2007, 04:42
Alex
Feedback on some of my recent cars have suggested a more suited .hul file would prevent the car from passing through the floor when overturned etc...

My new... car is tall and I have scaled a .hul file to cater for this, however turning corners causes the car to flip easily.

I have tried increasing mass, wheel gravity, downforce mod and adjusting the centre of the mass however these don't seem to work.

I was wondering, what's a good way to keep your car on the floor?

Posted: 03 Apr 2007, 17:41
rickyd
Sorry bud!
I dont know cars.
Hay Manmountain how do you do it?
You know all the car stuff.
Some help here for Alex please.
Talk 2 U

Posted: 04 Apr 2007, 01:26
Alex
Halving the diameter of the wheels seems to have the effect I wanted. Keep ready and waiting for the side-effect to this adjustment...

Edit: Car submitted.

Posted: 04 Apr 2007, 05:13
Aeon
Adjust the car's CoM Y value. The lower this value goes (I usually have it set to equal negative half the car's prm height), the harder it will be the roll the car. However if you set it too low, the car will start turning very sharply.

Also note that the Offset1 Y value of the wheels has an effect too. The higher the Y values for the wheels, the easier it will be to roll. Typically you want the average wheel Offset1 Y combined with the the car's CoM Y to end up near, but below 0.

Example, from my Lancer Evo:

;====================
; Handling related stuff
;====================
CoM 0.000000 -18.090000 12.100000

;====================
; Car Body details
;====================
Offset 0, 0, 0 // don't let this get away from 0

;====================
; Car Wheel details
;====================
Offset1 -22.440000 14.570000 34.500000

(-18.090000 + 14.570000 = -3.52)

Note about the Car Body offset: Don't let this get away from 0 unless it has to, because it'll move the model away from the hull file. Also, I've found its best to base the hull file on the /r5, since it has the most centered hull of all the original cars.