Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Feb 2007, 06:46
APM
I don't like installing new battles because they replace the old ones. Therefore, I think that I will make a HUGE Battle Island that combines as many concepts as possible.
However, I don't think the 2-minute limit will be challanging enough for such a big island; I will look into the EXE and see if I can increase it.
I want to hire Dave-O-Rama to slaughter some tracks for me with RV Glue, since I'm too lazy to chop off anything.
I will make a map of the island for my personal use, then take an arial picture of the island when it's done and store it in a folder for people to look at.
:burnout:
Definite features include:
Neighborhood
Forest
Goblin Woods
Jungle
Volcano
Beach
Toytanic (as seen in stock races)
Indefinite features include:
Medieval Town
Amish Village (or something along those lines)
Museum
Desert
(with Desert) Ghost Town
(with Desert) Area 15
(with Area 15) Alien Planet
RC Valley
Wasteland
Gray Mountain
Tech World
Mature Content (JK!!!)
And much more!
Any ideas would be welcomed, but don't cry if it's not included or if I thought of it first! :P

Posted: 19 Feb 2007, 16:34
jaseaka
well it's sounds cool except that we will only be able to look at it :(

Posted: 19 Feb 2007, 22:58
APM
Nar nar nar I'm making the map right now.
It's crude, but serves as a great draft.
I've mapped out the city, the fishing community, the neighborhood, the ghetto, the plantations, the mountains (sorta), and I'm working on the desert.
When Dave-O answers me, I will order him to chop off some parts off tracks (saves time making them) if possible.
First of all, I would like him to chop out the whole Toytanic.
I know where I will place the stars and the jump on the top floor.
Since placing the stars and jump is the only thing to do other than drawing the map, I will continue placing the stars and then I'll continue drawing the map.
Oh, you may be wondering if I mean just one star. Well, what I mean is the spawn point for the star. If I place more than 1 Global Weapon star, then the star may pop up here or there.
I've got tons of spawn points on Toytanic, some easy to find and some hard, so who knows where in all of Battle Island the star will pop up!
Do you know how many "2"s there are in the Re-Volt exe??? Over 2000!!! I'm saving finding the minute limit for last.

Posted: 19 Feb 2007, 23:19
Dave-o-rama
it doesn't seem impossible, but having everything bitmapped as if they were their own levels is kinda hard.

But what the hell, I'll see what i can do. :)

Posted: 21 Feb 2007, 23:14
dylan
yes and there are other limitations to consider too. re-volt only allows 16,000 collision polygons. That sounds like a lot but you can run out easily on a "huge" track. also you are limited to 10 256x256 BMPs and every track uses all of them. It would probably be possible to take elements of each and splice them together with a little creative re-texturing.

Anyways the project is so ambitious that if you follow it through something interesting is bound to happen. But you better kick that laziness in the bottom or nothing will happen. :)

Posted: 25 Feb 2007, 06:19
APM
Well, if it doesn't get done, expect it in about 15 years, when I buy Re-Volt from the dude who bidded the highest at its auction.
I will make some modifications to the game, including raising the poly count.