Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 00:39
rcbandit56
I need some help with my game. Single player freezes, and I don't know about multi. I'm thinking I have a problem car or track. Does anyone know how to tell where a problem file is? I have dozens of cars and tracks, but I'm thinking it's a car. I don't want to have to reinstall for the 4th time. Thanks in advance!

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 00:49
ADX
What version do you have?
The last official is 1207.

Regards,
ADX

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 02:01
Manmountain
Just to help us understand where the problem is try an explain at which point the game crashes and any error messages.

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 04:01
re-volt hustler
If the game crashes when its the cars to a track its one of the cars. One way to find out is to have one on one races using your custom cars to see if it crashes again. B)

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 05:22
rcbandit56
1207? I don't know what that means but I have v 1.10. Immediatly after pressing enter on the track select screen, it just shuts down. It doesn't matter if it's a custom car on a stock track, stock car on a stock track, custom car on a custom track or custom car on a stock track. The game doesn't give me any error messages, it just says "revolt.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvineince." followed by the text that explains about error reporting and "Send Error Report" and "Dont' Send".

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 05:57
arto
RC Bandit, this is mostly likely because you have removed a custom car that you had last selected.

You can fix this like this:

open regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acclaim\Re-Volt\1.0

open CarID field and change the value to 0.

Start Re-Volt and the problem should be fixed.

Posted: 28 Jan 2007, 08:32
rcbandit56
RC Bandit, this is mostly likely because you have removed a custom car that you had last selected.
As far as I can tell, I had only added cars since the last time I played...but I might as well keep that info handy the next time this problem arises. Oh if I haven't mentioned it, I reinstalled not 2 minutes before that post. Besides, I had at least 50 cars and tracks rotting away in their folders. It feels could to clean 'em out.