Page 1 of 1
Posted: 20 Jan 2007, 23:55
revoltkid
i aleady know how place .prm's in to tracks using "MAKEITGOOD" but how do i place custom ones in, i mean what folder do i put it in?
thx

Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 02:09
Alex
Just stick your custom .prm and its corresponding .ncp into the folder of the track you're working on.

Then when you do the usual MAKEITGOOD instance mode, it should appear as one of the models that you cycle through.

Good luck with that.

Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 05:21
revoltkid
do i have to use a .ncp
or is that like the .hull for it?
whatever.....do i have to use a particular .ncp.....if so, how do i get one?

Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 05:37
revoltkid
Alex @ Jan 20 2007, 09:39 PM wrote: Just stick your custom .prm and its corresponding .ncp into the folder of the track you're working on.

Then when you do the usual MAKEITGOOD instance mode, it should appear as one of the models that you cycle through.

Good luck with that.
i tried that, i tried it with .prm's even with .ncp's..... for some reason it doesn't with the cycle of choices.
well.....thx

Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 05:53
Manmountain
OK, the basics :
PRM's are the visual data, the visable instances you can manipulate with the MAKEITGOOD Instance edit mode.
NCP's are the accompanying colision data that the RV engine uses to determin wether a visual object is solid or not.
These should be placed in the track/level folder that you are editing.
There is a limit as to how many instances/prm's you can have in that folder.
The limit is about 64 (not sure, maybe less). You can place as many instances in the folder as you want, but the edit mode will only read the limit, all the others will not show up when cycling through.
This is why you need to use RVGlue at several instance placement levels (to add the PRM's to the World file permanently), so you can change the prm's for new ones.

Does this help you any ?