Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Jan 2007, 22:55
human
hey pepo,

plic asked me to make him a very simple max file on which he can see how the master material is set up because we could not find out why hes getting error message when trying to convert hes test track.

i have made a simple example containing some polygons, textures, instances, lights, ai-s, pos nodes, track zones. i thought i could include the max file and the ase file in a folder with the normal revolt files and textures, so whoever is interested in how we can set things in max and how do they look like in the game will be able to check it by the help of this simple guide track.

the track is absolutely raceable, so you can race on it if you have mood.

the files will be zipped in a folder called nhood1, but will be unzipped when uncompressing to a new folder called "test" or whatever and track makers could backup the original and replace it temporarily for examination. they could run the max file from the folder or wherever they would prefer from.

the only problem is that my max is version 7 and i dont know if the file is compatible with recent versions, since i know people having older versions. but lets try.

what could be the easiest way of sharing? i would prefer the process when you click on a link and the download window appears immediately instead of leading you to a site like rapidshare or others, but i dont know how to do it.

so you tell me guys, ok?

Posted: 08 Jan 2007, 06:57
PatS
I for one am very interested in seeing how different components of an extreme track can be set up in Max. Why not ask RVZT administrators if you could submit your tut file as a "track" and label it as such - similar to the Sakura front end from Hil? Another alternative would be to upload your tut to any interested parties on the mIRC chat. Please follow through with your idea - there are those of us who would like to start scratching the surface of Max but are intimidated by the enormity of it. Thanks :D

Posted: 08 Jan 2007, 15:19
human
ok, i have found a kinda file sharing site and uploaded the file.
you can dload it following this link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sywf6k

try to read the readme first in your behalf :)

Posted: 08 Jan 2007, 22:53
Aeon
I wish I could understand all of whats going on in the Re-Volt Track scene. I spent a good chunk of yesterday trying to figure out how to do some basic track stuff (didn't get far past the horrible, horrible track editor), but all the little complexities and additional programs and replacing original files to test stuff and this and that that which I don't understand - its all making my head spin.

I don't have 3DS Max, I only have Blender, and I can't figure out how to make that blasted ACE importer/exporter stuff work. :P But I'd love to be able to model some nice tracks in Blender and setup as much as possible from there, just because it sounds a heck of a lot easier than bumbling around with a bunch of silly little programs.

This community could use one of those bored uber-programmers to make a nice little track editor/environment and save the rest of us a lot of trouble...

Posted: 10 Jan 2007, 04:36
rickyd
:ph43r: To make a extreme track took
me years. I had to learn max and all about the
makeitgood editor you will have to do it to.
I made a kit track first this is a easy way to make a
exterme track.
I used the offroad kit by Jim K.
There is no magic track maker and I dont
think there will be one.
So I tell you lots of work will you do.

Posted: 11 Jan 2007, 04:44
rickyd
Hay Human
When I open the max file there is
black screens all viewports.
I dont use a master materal.
I just open maps in the dif.
boxes in the material editor.
I dont know much on max.
Am I missing somthing?
Im sure I am.
Cya :rolleyes:

Posted: 20 Jan 2007, 03:38
ADX
File no longer avaliable.
Any other site to upload?

Posted: 21 Jan 2007, 01:55
human
hey pepo,
just looked in.
i dont know why you get black screen ricky, sorry. try to grab the view.
the file is constantly available on rvzt.