Page 1 of 1
Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 05:25
revoltkid
:(
i got in trouble because i heard that some one did this, so i did it.
i was boared and my dad wasn't home....and i had an easy button that i got from staples.
soooooooooo.....i took it and made it into our garahe door opener...i rigged it up, so to open out garage door.....all you need to do is just push the easy button, it says "that was easy" and you garage door opens.
so i closed the garage door.
i waited outside untill my dad came home, and he asked "why is the garge door closed" and i said "i have a surprize for you" and just by his expession, i knew i was going to get into trouble.
well, i took him inside and showed him it, and i made sure that there were no exposed wires because i knew that he was going to say this "get rid of it.....it is a fire hazard" well u know what...he said it any ways
my mouth droped
he said once again "GET THIS GOD DAMN THING OUT OF HERE!"
and i did.
then he told me that i had to buy him a new one
i tried to explain that it very easy to replace teh old one.
but nooooooooo.....he wouln't listen
so now i am stuck
what should i do?
thx

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 11:32
plic
ok i saw the site where the garage door hack has been provided
now i have never used a garage door opener in my life(we dont have a garage)
but the only option u have is to make the refitting job really nie to look at.
now obviously ur dad is not going to take any chances with your wire work (what with the fire hazard thing) and i really dont know how good you are with duct tape, but make sure that you tape the wires with extra precautions, but obviously u r stuck there buddy because your father aint going to approve whether u like it or not.
never hack ur father's stuff unless of course he's into hacking too!!

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 22:36
revoltkid
well, this ain't the first time i got into trouble for something like this
last year i took our sliding glass door and made it so that it is remote control....because if you had your hand full, all you need to do is just push a button and it opens, and my dad got sooooooooo ticked at me cuz i drilled a couple of holes into the wall for the wiring....
but as you could see, i do have alot of time on my hands.
and that i am usually board.

Posted: 02 Jan 2007, 10:34
plic
what did u use to make it automatic?
can u tell me the mechanism?

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 03:17
revoltkid
it was quite easy.
i was planing to do this b4 i put it into effect.
a buddy of mine has a junk yard.
i was going to do so by using the hydrolics of an old tractor, but i decided to use the mechnizim of an automatic sliding door of an old minivan.
i did not us ethe tractor hydrolics because i did not want to be having to keep on replacing the hydrolic oil all of the time, so i decided to run the mini van slider by electizity wich wasn't to complicated.
oh.....yeagh i forgot 2 say, it wasn't realy automatic.
they were push button.
if i realy wanted, i could of taken a light switch and did it that way, but that just would of been a hastle.

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 03:43
revoltkid
my next project that i am currently wprking on, that daad is actuallt=y letting me do is to make a hover craft.
but with school, i may have to work during the summer.

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 06:54
zagames
I have one that I was working on. I used a 4 feet by 8 feet by 2 inch piece of foam, not the white pellet kind. And I made a lightweight wooden 1 by 4 frame to put it in. Then I got a 3 foot diameter fan blade and an old push mower engine. I rana belt through it and made the skirt out of some old tarps. Sad thing is, the engine blew up on it when I went to make the first test run, lol. Oh well, when I find some money and time, I'll get a new engine and put it all back together, lol. Oh yeah, for propulsion, I have an old weed-whacker with a propeller on it. Later,
Zach

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 06:58
RTT-Pigasque
Ask to "hornymilla", I'm sure she knows this easy button !!!

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 09:22
zagames
If hornymilla is a chick, she must be a tranny, because she said she liked to masturbate. That is, provided, he/she was referring to themself...

Posted: 03 Jan 2007, 13:52
arto
RTT-Pigasque @ Jan 3 2007, 02:28 AM wrote: Ask to "hornymilla", I'm sure she knows this easy button !!!
Lol!

Posted: 09 Jan 2007, 19:14
plic
who is hornymilla?

Posted: 24 Jan 2007, 06:41
APM
I request that the last 4 posts and this post be deleted for the sake of decency.
Thank you,
APM