Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Dec 2006, 07:28
revoltkid
well, if you con make headlights, well....is it posible to make a program to shoot flames from the back.
i found a program in the game which shoots flames because it is from the dragon in the 2nd toy level.
well i was thinking that you took the same principles of the laserbeams and reposition it to the back, it may actua;;y be posible.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 00:05
Iron Bob
I don't want to burst your bubble. But Laserbeams headlights are a semi-glowing prm model. If you actually take them into a really dark track they don't work. The dragon's flames are part of the Revolt game engine. And as far as I know cannot be used for a car. But if you can figure it out let me know, I've been trying for about six years to get something like that working.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 00:32
revoltkid
well, i relized that you may be able to make headlights not from laser beams, but i have not tried it, you may be able to make head lights by using the flashing lights that is used in the tunnels, welll, i can't realy seem to find those.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 00:57
Manmountain
The only way that you could give the impression of flames (from my point of view) is to use a small diameter tube of adequate length and map it to a flame image on the car bitmap, then have it rotating.

This would give a simple impression of flames.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006, 21:30
GWC
Hi MM,

This idea was used by Major Clod for his car 'Phobos'.
Is it at RVZT? If not, do you want it?

Geoff

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 00:10
revoltkid
it ain't there. i want it.

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 01:01
Manmountain
Cough! cough!...
please look again ;)

Posted: 01 Jan 2007, 22:47
Iron Bob
Heh, you ment the laserbeams model in revolt. I ment Laserbeams, who was a member of the revolt community a long time ago. And who also made a headlight prm for revolt cars. hehe