Page 1 of 1
Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 19:36
Filipe Monteiro
1.On the pc version there's a GO! sign that keeps appearing thus reseting time! How can I take that off?
2.How can you play on the same computer in split screen?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 21:44
revoltkid
what do you mean that the "go" sighn takes up time....
and no, you cant race in splot screen.
but if you want to race a friend, family, cat, dog, purple people eater, what ever :lol: you can make a network through your phone line....if you hve 2 computers and race like that...but no, you cannot have a "split-screen" race.
sorry

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 21:54
Filipe Monteiro
I'm saying that every 1m and 32 secs. appears the "GO!" sign of the begining of the race and the tim of the race resets.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 23:12
human
hello,
the GO keeps on appearing on my pc too, sometimes it makes quite difficult to se what im doing on the track. i havent observed its effect to the times, but easy to imagine that it can reset racing time. time bugs are known to have certain connection with dual core processors, if you have this type (like me) probably thats the reason. bug which causes unrealistic time results are commonly called "tuxabug", i dont know why. when im racing online this bug always puts me to the top at the end of the race cuz my times are like this: 0:12 :). unfortunetely theres no solution for this so far.

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 02:14
APM
Isn't it called Tuxabug?
That's what I have, but rember someone fixed it?
Like I said (before ManMountain ruined the topic), check the older topics.

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 03:23
APM
And to the other question, there is no split-screen same-computer multiplayer mode.
You must play online.
You can't use the default multiplayer feature, though.
You must use an outside program, most preferably RV House.
L8er.

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 05:07
zagames
APM is wrong, you can use the TCP/IP multiplayer type for any connections like DSL or Cable. Or use the Modem connection if both players are on Dial-Up. To connect with the TCP/IP, go to http://whatismyip.com and have the player(s) that are joining type the given number into the area where Re-Volt wants the host's IP address. The Host simply needs to Host Game, nothing else is needed. Most people use a program that APM mentioned, RV House available at http://www.rvhouse.net . It is easy and very functional, also used kindof like a chatroom system. Have fun,
Zach

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 06:57
human
yes, the tcp/ip works fine via net straight to another pc. furthermore it does so in home networks when two pc is connected. its not neccessary to be online to use tcp/ip protocol. in this case you have to give the inner ip. used for networks, instead of the outer one used for web.

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 07:49
APM
Well, sorry. I didn't know.<_<
But then what's the whole point of the outside programs?:huh:

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 13:25
Filipe Monteiro
Horray!! I've fixed the tuxabug without the help of any program at all. Her'es how I did it:
Just go to properites;
Compability;
"Run this Program on..."Windows 98/ME.
:D :D That's what I did, and it worked. :D :D

Posted: 22 Dec 2006, 23:34
human
than you are fortunate cuz i did it years ago and still racing with tuxa. maybe you dont have dual core.

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 03:52
Filipe Monteiro
I do have dual core. But that compability stuff worked for me. :D

Posted: 23 Dec 2006, 11:05
APM
It worked for me too! :lol:
Hooray! :lol:
And now the game saves itself instead of reseting the progress table every time I start up the game! :burnout:
Yay! :lol: