Page 1 of 1
Posted: 19 Dec 2006, 01:46
Aeon
I was looking at this Re-Volt site: http://www.aliasrevoltmaster.com/dl_nwaua.htm, and I noticed that they've got the 0 to 45 kph and 0 to max speed numbers on there, and I'd really like to know how they do this. The reason is that I've downloaded a bunch of real-life car models and replaced the original cars with them, and now I'm trying to give them stats based as closely on the real-life cars as possible. But since I have no way to measure the acceleration speeds of the cars, I have no idea whether their acceleration rates are accurate.

Posted: 19 Dec 2006, 02:31
Manmountain
LOL :lol:

I did a few of the cars on that site, and let me tell you, it ain't easy to accelerate and watch the clock to time the acceleration speeds.

Basically, you need a stop watch and a long straight track and quick reflexes. ;)

Posted: 19 Dec 2006, 03:06
Aeon
Manmountain @ Dec 18 2006, 10:01 PM wrote: LOL :lol:

I did a few of the cars on that site, and let me tell you, it ain't easy to accelerate and watch the clock to time the acceleration speeds.

Basically, you need a stop watch and a long straight track and quick reflexes. ;)
Bah. I wish I could get access to some of the math behind the game so I could use formulas for this stuff. :P

Posted: 03 Mar 2007, 20:24
Volty
I think they create a movie of the car accelerating ingame, then use a movie/media player to get the accelerating time.

Posted: 03 Mar 2007, 22:56
APM
You could ask Throwback Entertainment, if they didn't change the superb physics engine.

Posted: 08 Jul 2007, 22:19
Thefactor82
Manmountain @ Dec 18 2006, 10:01 PM wrote: LOL :lol:

You have answered to the question Manmountain...

I simply used a stop watch, and made some tryes...
The 0-45 number it's only indicative!

Posted: 09 Jul 2007, 19:58
zagames
Yeah, there is no math involved... All you do is take a stopwatch, and when you git start, press the forward acceleration button all the way. When the car reaches 45 km/h, press the stop button on your watch, and write down the time. It works with anything, even real-life cars.

Posted: 10 Jul 2007, 01:06
Aylown
Or you could record in fraps and get milisecond approximations

Instead of just imaginary numbers

Posted: 10 Jul 2007, 02:02
Dave-o-rama
i had some sort of conversion thing in one of my notebooks from school... but the stopwatch thing will work too.

Posted: 10 Jul 2007, 21:29
Aeon
Some actual math would be very preferable. :P

Posted: 12 Jul 2007, 03:29
Dave-o-rama
lol, dude, its summertime, nobody cares about math or stuff (at least i don't.)

so i'd go with the stopwatch for now. my brain's kinda shut down.

Posted: 06 Aug 2007, 08:55
APM
If you want to get ideas, just look at the parameters and compare them to stock cars or your own cars, genius! See what's different! See what you've been doing wrong!