Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Nov 2006, 06:57
Manmountain
Hi all, :)

Due to the new craze of Battle Arena tracks and the inherent problem of poor if not totally unchallenging AI, I have decided to help out, after all, I claim to be the AI Guru, ;)
Although the Battle Arena tracks are to encourage multi player interaction, it wouldn't harm to give a semi decent AI challenge for practice sessions.

Please download this test track : Battle Arena AI TEST
It is a very basic lego track, it has basic graphics and is just a loop, well square actually.

The premiss is to lay a basic out of bounds AI combined with an intricate multi alternate racing line AI. This track has only a basic racing line AI, but the possibilties are plentiful.
As the AI cars only do what the Track AI tell them, it needs a lot of thinking and proper planning.

Let me know if you like the idea, or let me know if your still unsure of the concept I'm offering. :blink:

Posted: 11 Nov 2006, 09:12
zagames
I am also willing to look into this. However, the actual arena would have to be built around the nodes. I would think. Later,
Zach

Posted: 11 Nov 2006, 23:27
Manmountain
No, no! the Nodes would be specifically placed in a manner to make the AI more of a random challenge, thats why it would take a lot of planning. ;)