Page 1 of 1
Posted: 02 Nov 2006, 22:56
Peter
Hey people! Sorry i haven't been on for a while, we moved and just get internet. I was just wondering that you make pretty good revolt levels, does anyone know programming languages? I know Qbasic (well, as much as i do), and i think its fun. I really couldn't learn visual basic or game-maker, so if anyone know them please help me. If your stuck in Qbasic, just post it here or PM me (posting is better since others might have answers that i don't), i MAY be able to help. Also, i couldn't find anymore programming languages that are free, except another few visual stuff. Does anyone know others?

Here are sites that you can download them from:

Qbasic 1.1

This is a good qbasic site, good tutorials, though i couldn't get the program and game downloads to work.

Visual basic 2005

As I said before, I can't offer any suggestions, but there are other visuals you can download here.

Game-maker

It says its easy to learn, though it may be (I really didn't have time to look)
The games seem to be fun. Only problem: you need to register (I think $15 - $20) to get more stuff, but i think you can create games without them too.

Hope you enjoy programming, if you try, you'll probably like it!

Posted: 03 Nov 2006, 03:00
zagames
I have a basic understanding of most languages on the computer. And an expert in Gamemaker script writing. It works basically the same way as every other language, with limitations. Later,
Zach

Posted: 03 Nov 2006, 15:28
Peter
Is anyone good in Visual Basic? Right now i'm trying to make a visual program that helps make qbasic programs :huh: (to help you in the commands: ex: You select "Print" command and it asks you what to print)

What i'm stuck on is that if user selects the print command, and enters the text when prompted for, how do I put that in a database? Best would be to put it in a text file, and then convert it to *.BAS (qbasic), but the help index only tells about hhow to use that S something database.

Posted: 04 Nov 2006, 18:17
arto
Peter @ Nov 2 2006, 06:26 PM wrote: Also, i couldn't find anymore programming languages that are free, except another few visual stuff. Does anyone know others?
Sure! There's lots of free cool programming languages. One that I've been fond of the past few years is Ruby. See information here:

http://www.ruby-lang.org

Here is a direct download link for easy installer on Windows:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/1 ... 185-21.exe