Page 1 of 1
Posted: 12 Oct 2006, 09:28
Agenator
Ok, here's my problem - I have recently started playing Re-Volt again through RV House and trying thru Gamespy. I can't connect to any games (Error: Can't connect to lobby) and my hosting games time out.

I am directly connected to the internet via broadband on a college LAN.

The college does not block ports/firewall/etc. - BUT assigns me an IP Address different from my internal one. (Gamespy flagged this right away)

I have firewall/antivirus software but my ports are open on my computer and they are disabled when I try

I CAN connect to RV House (after many tries), but no games ever work.

Is there any way I can circumvent this problem? Usually with some other games I can connect via IP, but I have tried with a few players on RV House and both ip addresses don't seem to get people to connect. I also can't seem to pick up others' ip addresses (but i only tried once).

HELP!
-thanks!

Posted: 13 Oct 2006, 11:15
arto
If there is no port blocking, then it sounds a lot like there is a NAT in use at your college. A particularly vicious one, as most people who have NAT can at least join games if not host them.

Port Forwarding is the thing to do with NAT, but obviously it won't work unless you are in control of the NAT device.

Posted: 10 Dec 2006, 00:51
Agenator
update: I have circumvented the problem by using Hamachi, a program that lets you "trick" your computer into being on a LAN over the Internet.

I've found that a lot of people using RVHouse know of Hamachi and it bypasses most NAT Devices and works as long as ports are forwarded.

I'd say if you have problems, get hamachi! :)
www.hamachi.cc